InterWorx Version 1.7.1 Released

This release fixes a bug that caused the “Databases” SiteWorx menu item to not show up. (you can however access the databases page directly at /siteworx/mysql.php)

You can update via the NodeWorx updates interface to fix this bug.

Paul

No offense to the InterWorx crew, you guys rock.

But, it seems that every time there is an update one to three updates follow to fix issues that aren’t detected during your testing.

Are there any plans to establish a testing community of sorts so that they get the latest updates, test them (as if a beta) and then report back so that InterWorx can deliver use solid updates as opposed to three in a week?

Are you volunteering to beta test oaf? :slight_smile:

Yes, this will be part of the natural progression of things as the InterWorx-CP community continues to grow.

Paul

Yes, I am offering to beta test.

I shouldn’t have to but I can relate so I will.

I don’t want you to feel roped into anything. :slight_smile:

Your point is well taken.

Paul

Oh… I know how beta stuff goes. If you don’t get volunteers, you’re screwed. So I’m definitely game for testing.

This is something I would be willing to do as well as long as they are stable betas like these release before the final release have been.

(Translation: as long as the beta was stable enough you could prety much gurantee that it wouldn’t crash my server I would be willing.)

Tim hit the nail on the head.

I still have a business to run that relies on my server. Beta isn’t the best term in this case. Release candidate, that soothes the nerves.

Agreed. Beta gives me the heebie-jeebies. Release Candidate is much better.

Let me know. You know where to fine me.

Tim

For the record, we’re all on the same page here.

Paul

Good then let’s do what is right for InterWorx.

Paul, you guys know I’ll test for you, just like previously, only without the griping :slight_smile:

Webalizer.conf gets reset?!?

I am getting a little sick and tired of having to go back and specify my custom settings in webalizer.conf (home/interworx/etc), seamingly every time there is an update.

Why don’t the update respect my custom settings, instead of insultingly overwriting MY file with a default one?

Grrrrrr :slight_smile:

And while I’m steaming, when is the File Manager coming to InterWorx itself, not just the SiteWorx accounts?

As of version 1.7.0:

• When calculating website statistics with webalizer, it now checks for the existence of a /home/interworx/etc/webalizer-custom.conf file.

So that’s the file you’ll want to put changes into. It won’t exist by default, you’ll have to create it from the existing webalizer.conf

“when is the File Manager coming to InterWorx itself, not just the SiteWorx accounts?”
Not right away. http://interworx.info/forums/showthread.php?t=65

Paul

Paul,

Any idea when interworx 1.8 or 1.7.2 will be released?

I know that you are working hard to get Interworx working on Fedora and CentOS but you (or was it Chris) indicated that the next update would change YUM over to the Fedora Legacy server. I haven’t had an OS related update since April 24 and am getting nervous.

If it isn’t forthcoming soon can you send me the revised yum-os.conf file?

Thanks,

Tim

The yum.conf actually already has commented out fedora legacy lines in it. You can edit the /etc/yum.conf file (which is symlinked to /home/interworx/etc/yum-os.conf)

Just comment out the redhat 9 sections, and comment in the fedora legacy blocks (there are two of each).

To date there has only been one update from Fedora Legacy, to the CVS server package.

Paul

Tim,

Go here:
http://interworx.info/forums/showthread.php?p=309