ionCube

Since you guys use ionCube to protect your InterWorx source I thought it would be good to ask you how you like using it. I have written some custom PHP programs for clients, but we are currently hosting their websites so I dont really need to protect the source. In the future if someone (not that they would :cool: ) wanted to go to another host I would want to protect my source.

Also, just a thought (not sure if you are planning on doing this in a future realease) having ionCube loader installed into PHP so it doens’t have to call the module everytime a InterWorx script is executed. I’m sure the speed difference isn’t that great, but it can’t hurt to make it even a little faster. I have installed it on my server when testing out the ionCube and have just left the ionCube loader on since InterWorx is using it.

• Justin

Since you guys use ionCube to protect your InterWorx source I thought it would be good to ask you how you like using it. I have written some custom PHP programs for clients, but we are currently hosting their websites so I dont really need to protect the source. In the future if someone (not that they would ) wanted to go to another host I would want to protect my source.

I peronsally like it a lot Justin. It was an easy install and amazingly works :). I say amazingly since I’m always leary of translators changing something that induces a (hard to find) bug. But it’s been fine so far.

Also, just a thought (not sure if you are planning on doing this in a future realease) having ionCube loader installed into PHP so it doens’t have to call the module everytime a InterWorx script is executed. I’m sure the speed difference isn’t that great, but it can’t hurt to make it even a little faster. I have installed it on my server when testing out the ionCube and have just left the ionCube loader on since InterWorx is using it.

I totally agree, the loading time for it is unnecessary since the PHP that InterWorx-CP uses is isolated from the rest of the system. I’ll get this mod into the next release of php-iworx.

Chris

So right now even though I have ionCube module installed into PHP it isn’t doing anything for the Iworx scripts?

Sorry, I missed that question the first time.

If you’ve edited /home/interworx/etc/php.ini and added the ioncube line there and restarted the iworx service then you should be loading the ioncube decoders once, as opposed to on each access. If you edited /etc/php.ini then you just changed the system’s behavior and not iworx’s php instance.

Chris