IWorx-Socheat

Cpanel converter (a.k.a, Importer 5000) is in interworx 1.8.0, but it isn’t as polished as it will be in 1.8.1. Specifically, in 1.8.0 it is command line only, and the status messages are not in a standard format.

In 1.8.1, the Cpanel converter (along with the Siteworx restore) will have a web interface, and the status messages have been standardized to match the output of a Siteworx restore.

Regardless, the Cpanel converter is in 1.8.0.

Hi,

Socheat, as seen with Chris (he should cc’ing yu my email) coud yu please let me know how could I run it on my box

lol, not so hurry the squalito, but just a little :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

thanks

Slaps Head LOL Why didn’t I know that? :slight_smile:

Tim

PS that’s a rhetorical question

Hello Socheat,

Thats cool, i need it asap if possible. Im confortable with commandline. I need to pull over a site and can even give you feed back on functionality when i run it.

Can we do that?

Also any chance for an ensim converter? Need that more than the cpanel as most of java sites that im pulling over to interworx server are on the ensim.

Thanks!

John

Just to be clear, are you asking for the cPanel converter or the Siteworx backup/restore? Or both? Also, as for the Ensim converter, the best answer I can give you is that it’ll make it into Interworx at some point, based on the demand.

Yes please, I want the cpanel converter. importer 5000.

How? to push demand for ensim converter? I have about 250 ensim sites to move. Im trying to get rid of that garbage appliance. Done more harm than good. Python my arse! LOL

Also, how does the converter handle databases? The annoying thing about cpanels transfering sites from ensim is that it changes the name of the database and user info is dropped. Hopefully yours will keep this intact. Can you imagine having to move and transfer some 120 sites that have 1 or 2 databases, and clients that are weary of Ensim, who will scream from any downtime. LOL oh what a business!

The cPanel converter works only with the data created by a full cPanel backup. Therefore, whatever information/data cPanel fails to put in to the backup will also be missing when it is converted to a Siteworx account.

During our testing of the cPanel converter, we too noticed that cPanel leaves out a lot of mysql user information. However, when we convert a cPanel account to a Siteworx account, we do not do any name mangling. All the original usernames, database names, passwords, etc, will be preserved. We do this to minimize (or eliminate) the amount of work needed to get the account up and running on the Siteworx box and make the transition as smooth as possible.

Again, to clarify, are you thinking of converting Ensim -> cPanel -> Siteworx?

Hello,

Yes want to convert cpanel and ensim sites to Interworx. Moving some cpanel sites now and will move ensim ones later to interworx.

Sorry, that little ASCII diagram was unclear. :slight_smile: What I meant is, since we do not yet have an Ensim to Siteworx converter, are you first converting Ensim accounts to cPanel, and then wishing to convert that new cPanel account to Siteworx? That is, use cPanel as the intermediate format to facilitate moving from Ensim to Siteworx?

ah lol… sorry for the confusion.

No im not transfering ensim to cpanel - forget about ensim for now. I just need to transfer some sites from cpanel to interworx.

I had some sites running tomcat on that cpanel, but recent upgrade broke it, and I’ve never seen such a sloppy integration of tomcat - LOL. I couldnt fix it!! So im just going to transfer those sites from the cpanel to the new interworx server where I have tomcat running beautifully.

Hello?

Id like to pull that site over from cpanel some day…

Hi Kipper,

The cPanel converter is in 1.8.x versions and up, but it’s still in beta. Everything gets imported correctly, except databases. Add a support ticket via the interworx.info helpdesk and give me your Interworx server information, along with your root login information. I’ll send you instructions in my ticket response.

Thanks,
Socheat