Language at new /webmail

Greets,

since 3.0 that /webmail Interworx URL has changed from Horde default mailer to a select-your-webmail webpage.

Thats fine and neat, but the problem is that after selecting good old Horde, I get English Language.
But my users aren’t…

What I’ve done was to edit iworx.conf and alter the /webmail redirection.

I’m ok now, but this issue could be thinked of in future releases.

[quote=jrochate;14717]Greets,

since 3.0 that /webmail Interworx URL has changed from Horde default mailer to a select-your-webmail webpage.

Thats fine and neat, but the problem is that after selecting good old Horde, I get English Language.
But my users aren’t…

What I’ve done was to edit iworx.conf and alter the /webmail redirection.

I’m ok now, but this issue could be thinked of in future releases.[/quote]

As I understand it that file would normally not be updated with a regular update but if the devs decided to edit one of the redirects again this could be reset back to whatever the new default is at the time.

Yes, I’m aware of that, but I think there’s no alternative…

The question is that Horde makes language detection on their login page, which is completely transparent to my Portuguese users, and it works fine.

When the login is made by iworx’s webmail page, they get redirected to Horde in English.

My post’s objective was to alert to this kind of situation, that could affect other international users.

If iworx select-your-webmail page could do also a language detection and redirect to selected webmail application in the correct language, that would be sweet and didn’t need to change core config files.

jrochate,

First of all, I’m sorry I missed the point of your first post.

I just did some digging and saw that both Horde and Sqirrelmail have a number of languages installed by default, and they seem to be more or less the same, so your request seems feasible. I’m adding it as a feature request.

Tim