Lets's encrypt SSL certificate, issues with mail clients.

@AlbaHost @d2d4j

Yeah, thanks to John who did help me I came this far, otherwise I would have gone to Directadmin…

I remember your ticket, now. :slight_smile: I am not really familiar with lowendtalk, and it is on my list of things to check out, but I haven’t had a moment to do so, yet. :frowning:

I’m not sure what you are referring to regarding wiki/doc–do you mean public documentation? That does exist, here: https://www.interworx.com/support/

If you mean something else, would you be able to clarify?

Some of the articles for the support docs may have some wonky formatting at the moment–we recently migrated to a new Wordpress instance when the site was redesigned and…it didn’t go well. So I’ve been manually updating all of the docs to get them back up to snuff, but it has been a process, unfortunately. Work in progress, though. :slight_smile:

We were recently purchased by Liquidweb as part of their merger with Nexcess (our parent company), so a LOT is in the works and restructuring/expanding is occurring, which will help with a balance to allow me to be more active on the forums and such.

Regarding the Cpanel import issue–I don’t have an ETA on a permanent fix at the moment, however, the issue can be worked around by following these steps:

-In NodeWorx, under Server > Settings, enable Debug mode. This will provide you access to the iworx database.
-Navigate to System Services > MySQL Server > PHPMyAdmin and choose iworxDB from the dropdown
-Click on Iworx > iworx and then select the SiteWorx table ( you will have to click the arrow in the menu to see the second page of tables)
-Using the Structure tab, check the box next to uniquename and then click Change. Up the value to 16 and then click Save

That will allow usernames longer than 8 characters to be imported.

If you’d like, I can do this for you, just bump your ticket for me in the helpdesk so I know the login info. :slight_smile:

Hi

@AlbaHost @Nico @jenna

To be honest, the forums tends to be quiet because IW just works usually once setup

The import scripts are not perfect but then again, everything is fluid and changing and IW do an excellent job and trying to keep up

I think I would personally like to have quick support over support on forums as it usually resolved issues quicker and cleaner and I know IW do an excellent job of clear reasons for issues.

Then users usually post the resolution so it may help others.

Kudos to IW

Many thanks

John

@IWorx-Jenna
Hi Jenna, I double checked that value, on the servers I struggled to import longer than 8 characters in user-name, the value in the uniqname is varchar(16) so it looks to me the problem is not on the server but perhaps in the import script.
Kind regards,
Nico

@Nico

I just checked the bug fix log, and it looks like we pushed through a hotfix earlier in the week that changed that field to 16 characters (I missed that one, so @AlbaHost , you should be good without going into the database). It was 8 prior to that. So if you just checked that table and saw it is 16, that is why. It was not 16 when you were having the import issues. If you want to test, try to import a Cpanel account with a username that is longer than 8 characters. It should import without that error, now, but let me know if it does, and update your ticket with the login credentials and how to reproduce so I can take a look. :slight_smile:

Nico was referring to the mail SSL

I have faced the same issue. Can anyone help me?

Hi David384

Welcome to IW forums

What exactly is your issue as I am not clear sorry

If you refer to email SSL, with qmail it uses only 1 SSL and no SNI so for email, you need to use your FQDN you use on server for email SSL

I believe qmail is on the roadmap to be changed which may include SNI capable but I may be wrong

Many thanks

John