Mail Queue out of control

Ever since daylight savings time (box crashed, had to do a hard reboot), things have been a bit funky with one of our boxes (but not others). The time is correct and everything dlst-related seems fine, but ever since that day, the mail queue has been just out of control. There are currently 160+ messages waiting to be sent, from April 6th on… I get a few of the ‘given up’ messages every day, but it keeps on getting larger.

So for one domain, customers aren’t getting their invoices until a week later , fulfillers aren’t getting the tickets to be filled… dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

It’s not sending multiple messages or anything like that, just having trouble getting the ones that it has out.

(messages are to many different domains)

It’d actually be best to just pawn off the smtp functions to our exchange server and leave it at that, since we don’t use any mail functions on the server (besides smtp sending right now, obviously – any way to get php’s mail(); to use an external smtp server?) – I have qmail delivery turned off for all domains on the server (just a fyi for some reason)

I tried a ‘service smtp doqueue’ to try and send all again, but it came back with
svc: warning: unable to chdir to /var/qmail/supervise/send: file does not exist
Sending ALRM signal to qmail-send:

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy,

Check the /var/log/maillog for possible queues. Also, regarding sending mail through a separate server first, you can just edit /var/qmail/control/smtproutes and add:

:hostname.of.your.server

No restart of anything necessary.

Chris