Managing Server?

Perhaps someone can give me some guidance. I just got a new box at Sagonet with Interworx and am very impressed. My question is that Nodeworx shows a managing server from Sagonet and also the mail settings all show Sagonet as well. Does this mean my e-mail is going through a Sagonet server? How and what do I need to change so that the mail settings/host name of the box show what I want(e.g. IW1.mydomain.com)? Also is the “managing server” info at the top of Nodeworx a necessity for their monitoring the server through Nocworx? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

-Chris

Hi Chris-

No, this does not mean that your mail is going through the SagoNet servers. Sago, by default, sets up hostnames ending in sagonet.tld. All you need to configure is the following:

1. Your system hostname
  2. The hostname setting in the iworx.ini file
  3. The hostname on the MTA settings page.

With regards to your other question, the managing server information at the top of NodeWorx is purely informational and will change to reflect your hostname after the above configuration changes are made.

–Dustin

Hi Dustin,

A fast response. You guys works too much! You should take some time off for dinner. I’ll give those settings a try(after my own dinner) and let you know how it goes. Thank you.

Chris

He’s still new, the enthusiam will wear off eventually . . . JK . . :slight_smile:

BTW, Welcome to the forums Dustin.

If you have a lot of questions about InterWorx, check this out

http://www.transwarphosting.net/help/interworx-faq.htm

It answers MANY things, including how to change the Hostmane of your box if you want.

If you want to register your own Nameservers

e.g. ns1 and ns2.yoursite.com

check out:

http://www.transwarphosting.net/help/dns-interworx.htm

It was made with InterWorx 1.3 or soething so it’s a bit out of date in the step by step process. I’m going to update it when I get the chance, but if you have any qiestions, feel free to contact me or post here.

Welcome to the InterWorx world :slight_smile:

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing and you have a good library of tutorials there. That is a great resource. Well guys, I made the changes and everything looks good except for mail not delivering. Tried manually running my cron.daily and no e-mail(such as my logwatch) is sending out. The send log reports “Sorry,_I_couldn’t_find_any_host_named…” . Any ideas or I will just plough through it again in the AM.

-Chris

Well I ended up figuring it out. I flushed the DNS services and that gave me a new message in the send logs(Sorry._Although_I’m_listed_as_a_best-preference_MX_or_A_for_that_host,/it_isn’t_in_my_control/locals_file,_so_I_don’t_treat_it_as_local.) So I added the hostname to the /var/qmail/control/locals file and restarted the smtp service. Voila! Mail is flowing. So all is well in the land of Interworx noobies!

Great! Glad to hear your problem is resolved. And yes, I’m new :slight_smile: Hopefully the enthusiasm won’t wear off for quite some time, otherwise it’d be time to find a new job :smiley:

Being new, I may not have all of the answers, as I’m learning this stuff myself. I will however, try to point you in the right direction or harass one of the other IWorx staff until I get an answer :wink:

-_Dustin

Naw . … they wouldn’t do that to you? . . . would you guys?

Being new, I may not have all of the answers, as I’m learning this stuff myself. I will however, try to point you in the right direction or harass one of the other IWorx staff until I get an answer :wink:

-_Dustin

Glad to have you here Dustin. We’re all one big happy (though somewhat disfunctional . . . jk) extended family.

Oh and regarding the FAQ, I’m in the process of importing that data into phpMyFAQ so it will be SEARCHABLE. It’s just getting too big to manage successfully.

Tim