Mandrill

Has anyone gotten Mandrill working with Interworx? I’ve googled and searched and can’t find any info…so was just curious if someone knew exactly what to do before I go messing around with it.

What do you mean mate by “Mandrill working with InterWorx”? InterWorx uses qMail.

I would like to offload my mail delivery to Mandrill, it should work with any type of mail system. I prefer to run my email delivery through mandrill as it ensures a higher delivery rate.

Something similar to how you can use it with whm/exim: http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/exim-configuration-use-smtp-mandrillapp-372492.html

Since I just started using Interworx, I’m not very familiar with qmail yet.

Your best bet is to wait for a dev or someone cause I’m not sure sorry I know you can use Mandrill on Blesta. For emails I use SPF and DKIM and DMARC records to ensure my emails get threw to our customers.

Hi staxed

It should be easy to do without much effort.

Login to Nodeworx as admin, system services, mail server, MTA settings, and under MTA SMTP Options (outbound), SMTP Routes, set the smarthost you want to use. Leave domain blank for all. i.e. smtp.mandrillapp.com (as taken from your link provided), or if your wanting to set some domains to use smarthost you put domain first, ie. mydomain.url:smtp.mandrillapp.com.

If your going to use email services which are not on your IW server, you need to tell siteworx your not using local, either on per domain or if server wide, you can set this from nodeworx, plugins.

Hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Hi

Sorry, I’ve just reread my post and the last part may be confusing.

Only let siteworx know if the MX records are set to an external mail server, if using smart host and MX are still on IW server, do not set siteworx to external but keep at local.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused

Many thanks

John

Thanks for the response. Going to give it a try on a test server today, though I’m not sure how exactly it will work since none of that advice involves the API information that seems to be required to get it to work correctly with WHM for example. I’ll follow up with what I find out though :slight_smile:

Hi staxed

Sorry, all it does is give you a smart host for email, and as I don’t use mandrill, I assume it uses web based form sending, which would be set to localhost , and therefore would go through the smarthost of the mail server, and not qmail sending, otherwise, you could set the mail form sending to which ever mail server you wanted to use.

I hope this explains better but as I said, I don’t use mandrill, we are an ESP and have our own mail clusters.

Many thanks

John

My knowledge of qmail and Mandrill is very limited but you should be able to do something like this with Mandrill: https://sendgrid.com/docs/Integrate/Mail_Servers/qmail.html

I’m a bit late…but is there a trick to getting DKIM and DMARC records to automatically be created for new siteworx accounts, or did you just manually set them up for just your domain? I can’t seem to find decent information about how to enable DKIM/DMARC support in interworx…so just trying to figure out if I’m missing something…or if I just need to do it manually for each domain?

Hi staxed

Dkim is a manual setup per siteworx and dmarc, I don’t think is installed.

SPF is automatic, but if not required, just remove from the dns template.

Many thanks

John