Modifying the web interface.

I have a dedicated server that will be managed for the domain holder. I would like to make them the reseller so that they have access to more but not everything. I would like to give them access to all the mail settings because that will be the primary purpose. Having access to the global SPAM and virus settings is important to them. Can I modify the web interface to make the mail link available to the reseller account?

Not at this time zarthan. Modifying the interface will show the link but it won’t function as the session won’t allow it.

Chris

Could I create a second instance of the interface and remove links??

Unfortunately, no, simply modifying the interface won’t help, as our code checks reseller user permissions and we disable access to the Mail functions for resellers. As of right now, there is no way to give Reseller’s access to those functions. :frowning:

Socheat

I’m talking about modifying a copy of the administrator interface and removing links. The reseller would log in to the copy of the administrator interface as administrator but would only see the short list of links.

If I understand you correctly you are proposing:

1.) Creating a new theme, with irrelevant links removed
2.) Giving the Reseller the main NodeWorx login
3.) Showing this reseller one theme, while you yourself get the main theme with all the links

If this is what you meant, this won’t work either. You both would be logging in as the same user. There isn’t a way to say “For user joeadmin, logging in from location 10.0.0.2, use this theme” and “For user joeadmin, logging in from location 192.168.1.2, use this theme”. Because it’s the same login, you are both going to see the same theme. So, you either allow him to see all the NodeWorx features, or you yourself see less NodeWorx features.

Socheat

I believe this was a feature request asked a while back about having multiple NodeWorx users with different access levels. I think there were some good reason why this was a bad idea, but I just can’t think of any off the top of my head right now.

Im sure there were good reason so I don’t see this feature coming anytime soon

I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad idea, as long as there is only one master admin user who can’t be deleted or edite by nother admin, but I don’t think it’s necessary either. If a hosting company wants to give that level of access to more than one user he or she can use the same user account. If there is a problem (e.g. you want to take away someone’s access and they have changed the password on you or something you can reset the master password from the root shell by rinning:

/home/interworx/bin/resetpasterpassword.pex