Mta settings Nodeworx

[QUOTE=Lightfoot;13456]and restarting the smtp service should work.[/QUOTE]Forgot to mention that part, maybe that was the problem?

i change smtgreeting file i am able to put and save anything i want there now i have mail.domainname.com Qmail

removing blacklist not sure if i want to.

maybe i should mention that i just moved the domain from shared to vps and having problems with transferring my domain. I am using my isp ns servers but where i am dns times out. I did this last night.

I had to create A, MX, CNAME records plus point domain to new ns servers.
It’s very strange now all my googleadsense layout is broken up. Domain is very slow to pull out, many times times out one me.

Maybe that’s the reason why i am having all this issues

Well I think if DNS Report is showing your nameservers at the new location (somewhere toward the top of the report) it will be reading the information setup on that server. Try restarting SMTP and see if that works.

ok…i’m following what everyone is saying (i think!)…but here’s a curve ball:

my box is host.myserver.com and qmail is setup and smtpgreeting reports host.myserver.com

i added an IP-based site newdomain.com

when i run dnsreport for newdomain.com the mailserver shows as host.myserver.com instead of mail.newdomain.com and flags with the standard warning:

"WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). If your mailserver sends out E-mail using this domain in its EHLO or HELO, your E-mail might get blocked by anti-spam software. This is also a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server. Note that this one test may use a cached DNS record.

mail.newdomain.com claims to be host host.myserver.com [but that host is at 12.34.56.78 (may be cached), not 23.45.67.89]. <br />"

so, here are my dns records for newdomain.com:

newdomain.com A 23.45.67.89 43200
ftp.newdomain.com A 23.45.67.89 43200
mail.newdomain.com A 23.45.67.89 43200
www.newdomain.com A 23.45.67.89 21001
newdomain.com NS ns1.myserver.com 43200
newdomain.com NS ns2.myserver.com 43200
mail.newdomain.com MX 10 43200
newdomain.com SOA Edit SOA Properties 43200
newdomain.com TXT v=spf1 a mx ~all 43200

so, the question is this…how do i get rid of the dnsreport flag? if i need to add an “A” record to newdomain.com’s dns records, what should it be exactly?

thx in advance,
john

on a whim, i went ahead and added the following “A” record on newdomain.com and got rid of the dnsreport mailserver flag:

mail.newdomain.com A 12.34.56.78

where 12.34.56.78 is the main IP of the server

john