multiple domains under one account

any updates on this? this is the one thing holding me back from going with interworx

I don’t have a timeline mr_dizzle. It is on our high priority list but it’s also a non-trivial problem. Sorry to be so vague but I don’t want to lead anyone on that it’s around the corner. It’s going to be a few months (at least) until we have a production setup that is usuable by all.

Chris

I think it’s better to have one SiteWorx for one website which can have subdomains and pointer domains because the statistics reflect only this website and if we have several websites on one siteworx account, the statistics will not reflect the usage of each website but all hosted ones.

It’s good to be able to create a reseller account for multiple SiteWorx account per customer, but it would be great if we could transfer an existing SiteWorx account to a newly created reseller. I don’t think it’s possible for now. If no : is it planed ?

Actually, I think that depends on how they code it. A very basic setup would work that way, but I don’t think that is what Chris means. As I understand it the plan is to make each domain fully functional and independent: httpd, databases, email, dns, logs, stats, etc. But owned by the same Linux user for file quota purposes. That’s part of why it is taking so long. If all you want is to add a new web domain (with no other features) to an account that can be done now with a little bit of manual copying and editing of your Apache virtual host config file. I did actually do this a few versions back just to see if it would work, and it did (sort of), but I haven’t tested it on the 2.x setup.

It’s good to be able to create a reseller account for multiple SiteWorx account per customer, but it would be great if we could transfer an existing SiteWorx account to a newly created reseller. I don’t think it’s possible for now. If no : is it planed ?

It’s not possible withthe current 2.0.5 release, not sure about the upcoming 2.1.0. I do know Paul said it was on the way. As of right now if you want to do this you need to backup the SiteWorx acount using the backup utility, log into the Reseller account in NodeWorx [I]and Import the backup you just made (NOTE: Paul cautioned that you test it with a test account before actually doing this just to make sure things go smoothly since you would need to delete the original account before you would be able to import the new.]

Ok. It would be excellent if it is planed to do as you said :). Indeed, I didn’t think about emails, dns etc…

Yeah good idea this backup/restore tip ! Thank you :).

The InterWorx developers don’t believe in doing things half way. One thing Chris told me ages ago is that they were trying to take the most important features of the competing panels and do them better.

From what I’ve seen this is eactly what they do. Once in a while a high demand feature is released in a more basic form and then redone later with better features (e.g. the Backup Restore was limited in 1.9.0 but became more feature packed in 1.9.3) but usually this is the exception, not the rule.

If you want to know how I added a domain to a siteworxk acount (website only) then feel free to ask. It wasn’t too complicated but did require some file editing.

I believe in that !!! When I tested NodeWorks / SiteWorks I was extremely impressed and felt in love of it…
In fact for now I’m doing free webhosting with a panel I wrote and it goes well but I would like a cleaner, faster (my background scripts make the old server suffering), more complete and that gives me a full control of the server behind a single web interface : it looks to be the case with IWorx. What more people look happy with it and there is a good support so a webhosting panel could difficultly be better :D.

If you want to know how I added a domain to a siteworxk acount (website only) then feel free to ask. It wasn’t too complicated but did require some file editing.

Yes I would like to know, even if I won’t do this.

I have another question : once I have bought a IWorx licence, must I buy another one if I want to install it on another server ?

If you are going to run two separate servers, both with IWorx-CP on them, then yes, you’ll need to be another license.

However, if you’re just moving from one to hte other, and will only have one server with IWorx-CP then no, you do not need to purchase another license. You will need to give us the new IP of the new server, so we can transfer your license.

Ok thank you :).