Multiple versions of PHP?

Hi all,

Can someone explain how or point to how I would have multiple versions of PHP installed at the same time? I see that my newly installed version of InterWorx only has 5.3.3 installed. This is of course an ancient version of PHP.

So I guess I actually have 2 questions:

Can InterWorx run under a modern version of PHP (5.4 or better?)

If not, can I run newer version of PHP for all the other web apps on the server?

Hi katronix

This confuses a lot of users, IW uses that php version itself. The hosting php can be what ever version you want to upgrade or install yourself.

On our test server, we installed php 5.6, which there are good posts on here to do this, from licensecart.

One point to note, which has just hit beta testing stage, is IW 5.1, which uses php 5.5, and as it’s hit beta test stage, is fairly imminent for release to release candidate (unless there are any unforeseen issues picked up on beta testing).

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

I’ve tried doing some searching and I’m not able to find the articles your speaking of, can you point me in the correct direction?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi katronix

Yes, I think it’s because not many users set the tag, but please see this post, which should help get you started.

I’ll post tommorow with another, but the above should help

Many thanks

John

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=25591

Hi John,

It seems some of the links to the article you posted didn’t work all the way some of them actually had … in them instead of the full URL. I did find that : http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/install-epel-and-additional-repositories-on-centos-and-red-hat helped to bridge the gaps.

Kat

Hi Katronix

Many thanks, but please see pic, the links are there in full, shown when you hover the mouse over the link. This I think is just software reducing the link, and a good tip is to look at the site to see if there are other newer versions you may want to install, ie php 5.5, 5.6 etc…

Glad you were able to resolve it

Many thanks

John