No Clustering option ?

A newly setup server, with CentOS 4.1 and ‘out-of-the-box’ install from IWorx (2.1.1-6).
./goiworx was run in the shell with the license, applied all current rpm updates.

After login in nodeworx, I expected to see the ‘Clusterin’ tab as with our own normal server, but… nothing.
Also the NFS setup part is missing.

Am i missing something ? Install of interworx didn’t complain during install. (its a complete vanilla install).

InterWorx-CP Version: InterWorx-CP v2.1.1 [35 Domain] Distribution: CentOS release 4.1 (Final) Operating System: Linux 2.6.9-11.EL CPU: 2075.63Mhz AMD Athlon™ proswssor (256 KB Cache)
Also, “proswssor” ?? Typo ? :slight_smile:

(just in case, ipvsadm-1.24-100.rhel4.iworx is installed).

There are a few pre-reqs for clustering that may not have been met warp3. Can you run through this doc and make sure the dirs are all in the right spot. If you tweaked partitioning at all they may not be:

And the proc info is read directly from the proc itself I believe, but will check it out.

Chris

The box is completly ‘new’ and just has a basic centos clean server install. As far as I can tell, all pre-req’s are correct…

Just one / and /boot partition… (scsi)

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap swap defaults 0 0

[root@vidian ~]# ls -al /chroot/
total 24
drwx–x--x 3 root root 4096 Oct 9 22:47 .
drwxr-xr-x 26 root root 4096 Oct 10 11:51 …
drwx–x--x 2 root root 4096 Oct 9 23:10 home
[root@vidian ~]# ls -al /chroot/home/
total 24
drwx–x--x 2 root root 4096 Oct 9 23:10 .
drwx–x--x 3 root root 4096 Oct 9 22:47 …
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Oct 9 23:10 interworx -> /usr/local/interworx
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Oct 9 23:10 vpopmail -> /var/vpopmail

Server has also already had a warm reboot.

warp3, the problem is that only unlimited domain lics are clusterable at this time and I think you got one of the reseller-only lics which was not unlimited.

Chris

Blah! :stuck_out_tongue: Why isn’t clustering possible with the domain limited license? Our idea was to create a ‘mini-cluster’ in our office enviroment to be used as sandbox testing/support to clients etc. (i.e. testing clustering options and controlled/manually disasters etc).