Off Site Alias

Hey everyone,

Not what has changed in V3.0.1 but we tried to create an off-site alias in the control panel and its just not working. Part of the problem is that the site references another internal site that has an off-site exchange server, so visually it looks like this:

alias@domain1.com (internal domain/Siteworx account) ----> domain2.com (internal domain/Siteworx account) -----> Postini Mail Service -----> Off Site Exchange Server.

Basically it seems like when we’re sending the alias to domain2.com vpopmail is looking for an account locally to deliver it to since it sees the account locally, can’t find the mailbox cause there are none since they’re all going to Postini then offsite, so it gives me this error message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at server.ourhostingcompany.com.
I’m afraid I wasn’t able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I’ve given up. Sorry it didn’t work out.

<alias@domain1.com>:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)

Important thing to remember is there is no mailboxes or aliases on domain2.com…it all goes straight through to Postini (Spam mail service) and then on to the off-site exchange server. On Domain1.com (where the alias is) we have that alias but we also have full mailboxes that are used so we can’t turn off vpopmail.

Any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

If I understand your setup correctly, you have a domain on the InterWorx box that has mail managed externally? If so, you probably need to run, as root:

/var/vpopmail/bin/vdeldomain domain.com

Socheat

On this subject, does removing (or commenting) out the line from the qmail alias list do the same thing without removing vpop account from the system?

Also, one cool thing I noticed is if you set the email accounts to 0 it removes the email link from the SiteWorx menu.