Out with the Old, in with the New... setup ?'s

Recently dropped <$&!>cPanel</$&!> for Interworx and I must say it R-O-C-K-S. So easy to get around in. Hats of to the developers… keep up the great work!

Before I get too far into transferring over my customers, I thought I’d check to see that I’m on the right track. I recall having similar questions/issues when I setup my server with cPanel some time back, but because it isn’t something I do often, I’m looking for a bit of clarification (or confirmation).

My server is setup on it’s own IP with a block of 8 addt’l ips, the first 2 of that block being ns1.yyyyy.com and ns2.yyyyy.com.

I’m assuming that since yyyyy.com is my default domain, I would first setup a siteworx account using that domain.??

If that is done, then would I change the Mail Server Hostname (under MTA Server Options) to mail.yyyyy.com along with the Default Domain of yyyyy.com? They are currently setup by my provider as:

userx.myprovider.net (Server Hostname)
and
myprovider.net (Default Domain).

Also, I know ‘root’ mail should be sent to my Server Admin email address, however, after installing (and configuring mailto outputs), I’m getting no emails from CRON, RKHunter, CHKRootKit, or Logwatch. The email address I used doesn’t have to be setup on this server, does it? (I’m using an external address).

Any insight would be helpful.

Regards,

daz

Welcome aboard, good to have you. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=dazza;13551]I’m assuming that since yyyyy.com is my default domain, I would first setup a siteworx account using that domain.??

If that is done, then would I change the Mail Server Hostname (under MTA Server Options) to mail.yyyyy.com along with the Default Domain of yyyyy.com? They are currently setup by my provider as: [/quote]

Yes, this is correct.

No, the server admin email address doesn’t have to be from an account on the server. You can try grepping the /var/log/smtp/ and /var/log/send/ directories for any evidence of why you aren’t being emailed.

Socheat

Also, regarding your root email issue, look in /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-root and see what email address is set in there.

Thanks for the reply Socheat,

Seems there was some major disk issues with my “new” server. Had the disk replaced/reloaded and reconfigured early this morning. Working great now.

I’m still amazed at how easy it is to move around in Interworx. Just being able to update a setting and have it come back with a “completed” message at the top of the same page and not having to return to it (as in cpanel) saves so much time. Keepin’ it simple! Thanks again.

daz

Glad you got it worked out, and that you like it. :slight_smile: