Owned license cost

The cost of “Owned license” has changed drastically recently, from $294.95 to $599.99
What is the reason of this?

[QUOTE=ambrozy;22926]The cost of “Owned license” has changed drastically recently, from $294.95 to $599.99
What is the reason of this?[/QUOTE]

Hey Ambrozy,

Unfortunately, it’s just been an oversight that’s not really been analyzed.

The old price point was not cost effective going forward.

We went back and forth over whether to eliminate the one-time license option entirely, or increase the price for it to be more justifiable.

I’m pushing for a free ‘personal’ version of InterWorx to replace the demo licenses. Might help to balance out the higher cost if people are able to try it for an extended period of time.

Hi

I hope you don’t mind but I was nearly ready to buy a further 2 licences, but the price increase has set this back as my figures presented to the company are wrong and I need to gain authority to purchase based on the higher costings, which was really only to test the clustering.

In the past, with all other software purchased from suppliers, we have normally been notified of any increase in price coming up in advance, to have the chance to buy at the lower price, given that all costing have to justified, from hardware, software, datacentre etc…

It’s not that I think it is not worth the money, but it’s a setback for buying at this point, and we will have to wait to test using cluster.

I would, to be honest, much prefer a Months trial with all services available, including clustering, over a free edition for personal use, which would be hard to enforce, as you may find some would use in a commercial environment, particularly in UK, where the broadband speeds are high, usually fibre and therefore, more likely to run their own personal server for their company website. Offcourse, I could be wrong so I apologise in advance.

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;22938]Hi

I would, to be honest, much prefer a Months trial with all services available, including clustering, over a free edition for personal use, which would be hard to enforce, as you may find some would use in a commercial environment, particularly in UK, where the broadband speeds are high, usually fibre and therefore, more likely to run their own personal server for their company website. Offcourse, I could be wrong so I apologise in advance.

John[/QUOTE]

Hi John,

I’d be happy to issue you a couple demo licenses if you’d like to try out clustering – just fill out the form here and I’ll get them over to you: http://www.interworx.com/interworx-demos/

For you, I’d be happy to extend the trial period to a month :slight_smile:

Hi bret

That would be lovely thank you.

It’ll be next week and I’ll complete the form thank you, when we’ve setup the 2 test servers onsite at our office.

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=IWorx-Brett;22954]Hi John,

I’d be happy to issue you a couple demo licenses if you’d like to try out clustering – just fill out the form here and I’ll get them over to you: http://www.interworx.com/interworx-demos/

For you, I’d be happy to extend the trial period to a month :)[/QUOTE]

Always gotta make me look bad, Brett. What a wisenheimer.

Hi Trevor

I’m sorry if I have caused any issues, it was not my intention.

Personally I didn’t think it made you look bad, more that your all a team and act as a team to help.

Ofcourse, if you would like to offer 2 licences at the old price, I’m still authorised to buy them right now, tonight. I’m in the process of resubmitting my figures, but the trial offer only delays any decision so I’m kinda in a quandary, meaning I can’t buy at old price, and I can’t really submit any new costings until after the month trial, but some people are then on holiday so it gets even more delayed, and then it’s approaching Christmas.

As I said though, I’m sorry if I have caused any frictions.

Many thanks

John

Same for me. At the old price I’d buy it right away, but now I’ve a dilemma, to stay with DirectAdmin (on old and new servers) which is cheaper, or accept your pricing policy and try your software, or keep looking.

Hi ambrosy

I’m sorry I was tongue in cheek and I’d be amazed if it came true sorry.

Honestly, even at the higher price, it far outweighs all other cp and we’ve been using it for just over a year.

I looked at nearly all alternatives, and for ease of use, support and cost, even now, it is worth every penny but you also have to consider no software will ever meet every expectation, and ofcourse, will always have faults and bugs, but we purchased the full owner licence with a view to reskin to our company, but I was soo impressed with interworx I decided to leave it as default.

I hope the price increase does not stop you buying, it certainly will not for us, I was only airing the delay it will cause us, and we don’t have any immediate need from a client point of view to buy now, it was for testing the clustering, as we see how it scales out, in readiness for scale out, our current server is servicing about 500gb monthly on just over 100 sites.

I am sorry if I built up any hopes of buying at old price sorry

Many thanks

John

Hi Jon and Ambrozy,

The old price is gone, unfortunately :slight_smile:

But yes, it’s always possible to request demo licenses to try things out. (http://www.interworx.com/interworx-demos/)

Our license lease prices are also unchanged.

You should

Hello,

You should have contacted with a sort email your actually clients, who allready bought owned licenses, about the new changes in the price.

You should give a chance to your clients to buy owned license ex: till end of the month with the old price.
(not posting one comment in forum after you increased the price)

My opinion that it was a non fear play…
regards,

[QUOTE=bblori;22983]Hello,

You should have contacted with a sort email your actually clients, who allready bought owned licenses, about the new changes in the price.

You should give a chance to your clients to buy owned license ex: till end of the month with the old price.
(not posting one comment in forum after you increased the price)
[/QUOTE]

Hi bblori,

I agree, we should have at least contacted existing one-time owners to inform them of the price change, and I will make sure we do that for any future changes.

To help mitigate the increased cost and make up for any planning inconveniences the change caused, I created a 25% off coupon that you can use if you wish to order additional one-time licenses. It’ll be active until 10/15, and you can receive the discount by entering this coupon code during checkout:

[SIZE=1]ONETIMELICENSE[/SIZE]

Thanks for letting us know about the issues this change caused and for being such passionate InterWorx users!

Brett

Hi bret

Please can I can have a code as I am owner licence and they maybe others.

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;22986]Hi bret

Please can I can have a code as I am owner licence and they maybe others.

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

The code mentioned above will work for everyone: [SIZE=1]ONETIMELICENSE

[/SIZE]

Hi

I tried to purchase 2 owner licences last night, but it failed sorry.

I have just purchased 2 owner licences just now, and although my IE10 brought up the login details, which the picture attached shows none (this was last night), I had to keep refreshing to allow none https to show, but unfortunately, I think it may have taken the order twice, or it maybe because I tried with firefox last night, but again without much success.

Please can you delete the order outstanding as shown in my account.

I think also you may have issues with IE10 still, and my browser is just set as default settings, and I know the browser works with our whmcs order system, which are also secured and unsecured in content.

Many thanks

John

Thanks for letting me know – I’ll check it out