Parked domains and email forwarding

Hello everyone,
Afternoon guys,

We have a client who currently has a parked domain through SiteWorx set up to redirect to one of their other domains.

They’d like mail sent to this domain to be redirected to the other domain. Not being too familiar with how many levels the parking feature works on, I thought I’d inquire as to the best way to accomplish this.

Basically, right now, with the standard domain parking feature:

HTTP requests for domain1.com are redirected to domain2.com.
This works great and is exactly what they want. What they’re looking for, as far as email goes, is somewhat similar:

Mail for forwards to.

If it’s easier to just forward *@domain1.com to *@domain2.com, that’s fine as well.

Any suggestions or protips would be most appreciated. I completely understand if this description is terribly unclear, and will be happy to answer any questions :slight_smile:

Regards.

Hi berlinkharn

Welcome to IW forums

When you added the pointer domain, it should I think from memory asked you if you want email added as well

Did you confirm you did want email

If so, the easiest way would be to forward email by logging into webmail

Many thanks but sorry if I’m wrong. I cannot check at moment

John

@d2d4j

Hi John,
This is from Dec 2019, a year old… :slight_smile:

Hi nico

Ahh many thanks and sorry I did not notice that

At least it explains why perhaps you removed your post from last night

I will delete when back

Many thanks

John

Sent using DEMS.

The content of this email are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to received for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Further, we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, and all email passes through full antivirus, content and spam filters. However, you do need to scan this email and any attachments to it for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus, which might be transferred by way of this email.

This email has been sent using DEMS, if you would like to start using DEMS, please email Doc2disk Ltd for prices (sales@doc2disk.com).