php-4.3.9 was released today on our update servers
PHP Development Team is proud to announce the immediate release of PHP 4.3.9.
This is a maintenance release that in addition to over 50 non-critical bug fixes, addresses a problem
with GPC input processing. This release also re-introduces ability to write
GIF images via the bundled GD extension.
All Users of PHP are encouraged to upgrade to this release as soon as possible.
Aside from the above mentioned issues this release includes the following important fixes:
- Implemented periodic PCRE compiled regexp cache cleanup, to avoid memory exhaustion
- Fixed strip_tags() to correctly handle ‘\0’ characters.
- Rewritten UNIX and Windows install help files.
- Fixed a file-descriptor leak with phpinfo() and other ‘special’ URLs.
- Fixed possible crash inside php_shutdown_config().
- Fixed isset crashes on arrays.
- Fixed imagecreatefromstring() crashes with external GD library.
- Fixed fgetcsv() parsing of strings ending with escaped enclosures.
- Fixed overflow in array_slice(), array_splice(), substr(), substr_replace(), strspn(), strcspn().
- Fixed ‘\0’ in Authenticate header passed via safe_mode.
- Allow bundled GD to compile against freetype 2.1.2.
All in all this release fixes over 50 bugs that have been discovered and resolved
since the 4.3.8 release.
PHP Development Team