Plugin Documentation ?

Hi

I recently needed to add some actions to be performed by the OS when Shell users are activated or deactivated, and a plugin seemed to be the way to go.

In the end it was relatively simple, because I could just make a copy of the supplied “Event Hooks” plugin and edit same to create a new plugin.

I did, however, have to “guess” the Controller names and actions, based on the API docs. Thanks to consistent naming (bless you…) that, too, was easy, and my first “guess” of:

Ctrl_Nodeworx_Shell enable ... 
Ctrl_Nodeworx_Shell disable ...

worked perfectly.

Once I could trigger the event scripts to run, dumping the environment variables passed through to find what I needed for the script was trivial ($iw-users).

My only question was, is there a document I failed to find detailing this, and other aspects of creating plugins ?

Incidentally, my compliments on the simplicity and scope of this plugin approach - I think it will be extremely useful, and makes an already great CP even more configurable and versatile.

thanks.

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately the plugin documentation doesn’t exist yet because plugins were originally added as a system for integrating 3rd party software (like softaculous) and for custom paid plugins and not for “public” use. This stance has since changed but as a result we still don’t have any documentation :(. If you have a specific question about something you can always shoot us a support ticket that a developer can take a look at to try and help you out. The example plugins that are there are a great resource and as you mentioned, the naming of controllers is consistent with how they are named in the API.

Thanks Dan,

[QUOTE=IWorx-Dan;18578]Unfortunately the plugin documentation doesn’t exist yet because plugins were originally added as a system for integrating 3rd party software (like softaculous) and for custom paid plugins and not for “public” use. This stance has since changed but as a result we still don’t have any documentation :(.
[/quote]
No problem - just wanted to be sure I hadn’t missed something…

If you have a specific question about something you can always shoot us a support ticket that a developer can take a look at to try and help you out.

If there’s anything that stumps me I’ll take you up on that kind offer - there’s nothing I haven’t been able to work out so far.
(That’s more a tribute to the logical way the plugin system works than anything else…)

The example plugins that are there are a great resource and as you mentioned, the naming of controllers is consistent with how they are named in the API.

They are a great resource, and the consistent naming between API and plugin saved me a lot of “guessing” in the plugin I created.

Thanks again

Jim