Prob a rehash of old requests...

Underwent a transfer from cPanel to Interworx this weekend, pretty much a nightmare dealing with the maildirs. Some things that I probably took for granted that I should have checked on first-

-Mailman… I know you can install it manually but it would be nice to have it preinstalled or at least a scriptworx option, pretty common thing to expect from a hosting plan.

-Overlapping aliases/copy-to… Right now if I want to have a mailbox that also gets forwarded to a few people you have to add all their addresses into the copy-to field. This makes the mailbox screen unbearably wide and annoying. You can’t setup a group or alias that contains the existing mailbox so that’s not an option (actual mailbox is useful for keeping a record of the emails).

-Subdomain redirect… You can’t direct it to anything that you want, I did a search and it looks like people use .htaccess to do it. How I’m not sure since I couldn’t get the .htaccess working. You can’t see it in fileman, can’t see it over ssh but I know it’s there, if I open up the .htaccess file with nano it pulls up but I can’t see it otherwise.

-Domain redirect … Again you can’t redirect easily to an url. E.g. domain1.com could redirect to domain2.com/hereplease ideally

-Pointer domain email… Pointer domain just parks the domain on top of the underlying domain, doesn’t provide email. Do you need to make an account for pointerdomain.com AND make it a pointer domain as well? Not sure that’s even possible with Iworx.

I know some of these complaints are probably because I’m just used to cPanel but it’s not like Iworx does it a better way… and they’re fairly basic features.

Also can’t edit qmail config file from inside Iworx like you can exim from whm.

Hello Payton,

Welcome to InterWorx :slight_smile:

This is on our to do list – not high on it right now but it is on there :slight_smile:

-Overlapping aliases/copy-to… Right now if I want to have a mailbox that also gets forwarded to a few people you have to add all their addresses into the copy-to field. This makes the mailbox screen unbearably wide and annoying. You can’t setup a group or alias that contains the existing mailbox so that’s not an option (actual mailbox is useful for keeping a record of the emails).

We can have one of the devs take a look at the code of that page and make the multiple email addresses on separatelines instead of all one line.

-Subdomain redirect… You can’t direct it to anything that you want, I did a search and it looks like people use .htaccess to do it. How I’m not sure since I couldn’t get the .htaccess working. You can’t see it in fileman, can’t see it over ssh but I know it’s there, if I open up the .htaccess file with nano it pulls up but I can’t see it otherwise.

-Domain redirect … Again you can’t redirect easily to an url. E.g. domain1.com could redirect to domain2.com/hereplease ideally

-Pointer domain email… Pointer domain just parks the domain on top of the underlying domain, doesn’t provide email. Do you need to make an account for pointerdomain.com AND make it a pointer domain as well? Not sure that’s even possible with Iworx.

These are on the todo list as well.

And FYI pointer domains redirect EVERYTHING, including email and ftp

I know some of these complaints are probably because I’m just used to cPanel but it’s not like Iworx does it a better way… and they’re fairly basic features.

Our developers approach things from a different view than those of our competing control panels. Being hosting professionals themselves they decided from the beginning to do the most important things RIGHT rather than try to do EVERYTHING and for that reason we realize we are lacking in a few areas, but more and more of those features are added with each release.

Good idea – I’ll add the feature request.

Thanks for the feedback!

Which qmail config file are you referring to? There are numerous qmail configuration options available via NodeWorx, which ones are you looking for?

You shouldn’t need to add the existing mailbox to the group. When you fill out the “copy to” box, it delivers to the existing mailbox, and then delivers copies to the “copy to” address, which can be a group of e-mail addresses.

Paul

I think I found a bug with the copy to address. Iworx only lets you have one email address in the copyto field correct?

When cPanel imports forwarders, it puts them all in that field and Iworx returns a bounce error because it thinks it’s one messed up long email address.

The solution I found was to put all the forwardto email addresses in a group, then copyto that group…

which qmail file? all the relevant ones I guess. I’ve been trying to figure out how to configure qmail to accept mail from postini’s subnet.

In exim I had to add a line “accept hosts=”

I think I found a bug with the copy to address. Iworx only lets you have one email address in the copyto field correct?

Yes that’s correct. That sounds like a bug in cpanel importer code.

which qmail file? all the relevant ones I guess. I’ve been trying to figure out how to configure qmail to accept mail from postini’s subnet.

In exim I had to add a line “accept hosts=”

I’m not familiar with exim config, or postini for that matter, so with just that information I can’t be of much help. Many qmail config files are accessible via the MTA page in NodeWorx, but I’m not sure what “accept hosts” in exim means.

This is a guess, but IF it means that you want to allow relaying through your server from postini’s subnet, then you’d add a line like this to the /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp file, after the line starting with 127.

123.123.123.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=“”

That is assuming postini’s subnet was 123.123.123.*

After editing that file, run this command to ‘compile it’
~vpopmail/bin/clearopensmtp

If that’s what you need to know, you’re right, there isn’t an easy way to allow relaying from certain locations via the interworx interface.

Paul

I don’t think relaying is what I’m looking for, just to accept smtp traffic from their subnet which is 64.18.0.0/20. So in DNS I change my mx entries to theirs, then allow smtp traffic from them so email passes through them before it gets to qmail. I saw some other users had gotten it (or something similar) configured in a quick search but I don’t believe they said how… I’ll figure it out eventually… my point was only that it’d be nice to be able to edit the config files from inside iworx instead of command line, but it’s really a one time thing so probably not a big deal. Thanks.

In SSH:

ls -al /home/youruser/public_html/subdomain/

The path is optional if you’re already in the folder :wink:

And in FTP, most clients allow you to do a manual transfer where you type in the name of the file you want to tranfer. Just type .htaccess in and it should download it onto your PC for you :slight_smile: