Question about XSL Support

Hello,

I’m currently looking into using an XSL-based content management system called Symphony (http://symphony21.com/) and after running the compatibility test on one of my Interworx boxes, it’s giving off

Status 					 				 							 					 						XSL support Symphony's templating engine uses XSL for all page creation. 						Not Installed

Because obviously XSL support isn’t compiled into the PHP 4.3.11 install that comes with Interworx. Is there a way to get support for XSL without having to recompile php manually? Or an intention to get support in a future version?

InterWorx doesn’t install the system PHP. The system PHP (which the SiteWorx accounts use) is installed by your Linux distribution. Your best bet would be to recompile from SRPMs, as that is the simplest way.

Socheat

Actually IWorx-CP does install PHP Socheat :). You can easily rebuild it as you’d have to with your system. The SRPMS are at http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/SRPMS/ and you can search the boards re: rebuilding. It’s been posted here a few times I believe.

Chris

Hi everyone, we haven’t met. I’m the new guy. :o :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, have we confused anybody/everybody yet? :wink: Socheat just needs to get his nose out of the code a little more often :slight_smile:

InterWorx does provide rpm’s and srpm’s for php (we just don’t upgrade it by default because it would mess up too many already installed and ScriptWorx enabled scripts).

I think Socheat was thinking of MySQL which either the os installer or our install script install as the system default. Any upgrades are the webmaster’s responsibility.

EDIT: to claify, our install script only installs mysql if it isn’t already installed on the system.

Well, that was an interesting couple of posts. Anyway, that was a lot of fun - been awhile since i’ve manually built some rpms and it was a piece of cake.

root@flaming-teeth i386 # php -v
PHP 4.3.11 (cgi) (built: Jan 28 2006 12:24:57)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.9, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies
    with Zend Optimizer v2.6.2, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies
root@flaming-teeth i386 #

Now running with XSL support among a few other changes, I also edited yum.conf to exclude php in updates for obvious reasons. Now I guess i’ll have to keep track of php updates manually =P I’m still wondering why php 4.4.0 isn’t being used yet, but whatever… this works fine :cool:

Thanks!

That was just us giving eachother crap – pay no mind :wink: As I’ve been told, it’s part of the InterWorx staff culture.

I’m still wondering why php 4.4.0 isn’t being used yet, but whatever… this works fine :cool:

We aren’t pushing it to boxex because it breaks a good many php scripts, which our staff would be expected to give support on since we provided the RPM :wink:

Seriously, newer isn’t necessarily better with php. We have the newest that the devs thought would be relatively “safe”. Anything above 4.3 has code back ported from php 5.

Glad Chris’s solution worked for you :slight_smile:

That was just us giving eachother crap – pay no mind :wink: As I’ve been told, it’s part of the InterWorx staff culture.

I figured :cool: We do the same thing at Sliqua.

Stupid YUM question. There is no way to configure YUM to update from a source RPM?

Unfortunately no. As I understand it YUM uses the RPM ececutable exclusively.

A source RPM is just a rpm package of the souce code – Running the rpm only extracts the source. It still needs to be built using rpmbuild and there is a coniguration file that generally needs to be edited.