Questions regarding secondary domains + email

Hello,

I’ve updated to Interworx 3 and it’s runnning like a dream (apart from one siteworx application not wanting to install until a reboot+3 additional tries). Updating was done in a few minutes via yum update. So thank you very much for providing such an excellent product! :slight_smile:

Now I am coming to my question in the topic;

I wonder if a siterworx account can have 2 email-domains. Is this possible? I only see: “add domain” and then a “http://”-box in the secondary domain view.

If it is not possible, it sort of defeats the purpose of having a secondary domain in the first place.

TIA

You’re very quick Henrik. I had the RPMS up for just a couple minutes to do a live yum update test. I’ve taken them down and will be putting them back up and updating the iworx website in a few hours. Don’t worry though, you do have the release version.

I think I understand your question, but I’m not sure. Once you add a secondary domain, you can use a drop-down that will appear at the top of the SiteWorx interface. You can choose the domain from that drop down, and then go create an e-mail account for it. Does that help?

Paul

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;13512]You’re very quick Henrik. I had the RPMS up for just a couple minutes to do a live yum update test. I’ve taken them down and will be putting them back up and updating the iworx website in a few hours. Don’t worry though, you do have the release version.
[/QUOTE]

I am a fast guy :wink:
(pardon the pun :eek: :D)

I think I understand your question, but I’m not sure. Once you add a secondary domain, you can use a drop-down that will appear at the top of the SiteWorx interface. You can choose the domain from that drop down, and then go create an e-mail account for it. Does that help?

Yes, I was too fast this time around, I apologize for that. I actually tried to add a bogus domain to a siteworx account and it worked out peachy.

Follow up-question; when will the applications under scriptworx be updated? There are some outdated version of wordpress (etc) in there.

And an ending note is that the average load and memory-usage is lower with version 3 - was this something that you aimed for when coding the new version of Interworx?

We’ll be updating the scriptworx scripts again very soon, no more than a few days after 3.0 is fully released. That’s one of the good things about 3.0 - the scriptworx scripts can actually be updated indepedant of the iworx rpms.

Yes, we have done a few optimizations when and where we could to increase speed and decrease system footprint in certain areas.

Paul

That sounds very promising! :slight_smile:

Another question: Can I backup a siteworx account and then restore it under another siteworx account as a secondary domain?

I just tried and it didn’t work.

Yet another inquiry; is clamd included in “sim” (for monitoring) in version 3?

No, you can’t restore an account under another account as a secondary domain. Secondary domains and siteworx accounts are similar, but different enough that you can’t do that.

Yet another inquiry; is clamd included in “sim” (for monitoring) in version 3?

No, not in this release.