replace default test page ?

Hi,

Where can i customize my own default “test page” for domains? It can be done reseller by reseller ? (a kind skel, like in plesk)

Thx

Paulo

The ‘skel’ files can only be editted on a sever-wide basis.

Having them by reseller is a feature which could be doing with being in Interworx at some stage.

The skel directory for the whole server is at: /home/interworx/etc/skel/

Hope this helps.

Hi

You also have the default root dir of the server that is set by default in /var/www/html/

There is also in this dir a default interworx test page based on the server apache test install.

Pascal

Hi,

Yes, there is … but when accessing default IP server (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/) … it appears the last site created at the iworx box

How can i set a default server page that responds to the IP or the host name ?

Thank you in advance

Paulo

When accessing by IP, you bypass the VirtualHost setup, and Apache doesn’t know which domain should be served up. So what Apache does is serve up the first VirtualHost that it finds that matches that IP. Luckily, Apache looks in alphabetical order, so if you added a site like “000000.com” that would be the site displayed when someone uses the IP.

Hope that made sense. :slight_smile:
Socheat

:slight_smile: … it does not have logic … but it makes sense :-p

Thanks

[QUOTE=IWorx-Socheat;9703]When accessing by IP, you bypass the VirtualHost setup, and Apache doesn’t know which domain should be served up. So what Apache does is serve up the first VirtualHost that it finds that matches that IP. Luckily, Apache looks in alphabetical order, so if you added a site like “000000.com” that would be the site displayed when someone uses the IP.

Hope that made sense. :slight_smile:
Socheat[/QUOTE]

Does it do it by the 0000.com name or by when its loaded in the config file? I think i had to fix this problem by making a default name virtual host file like the following 0_defaultvirtualhost.conf b/c of the way it reads in all the conf files in alpha order

It works …
created a file named /etc/httpd/conf.d/00_default_host.conf

with:

<VirtualHost 000.000.000.000:80>
ServerName xxxxxxxx.xxxx.xx
UseCanonicalName Off
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
<IfModule mod_logio.c>
LogFormat “%h %l %u %t "%r" %>s %O "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i"” iworxlog
</IfModule>
<IfModule !mod_logio.c>
LogFormat “%h %l %u %t "%r" %>s %b "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i"” iworxlog