Reposting Virtual host configs

Hi, we have decided to implement RLimits in our web servers. Can someone describe how to republish or repost all of our existing vhost containers now that we have updated the vhost-base.conf?

Thanks.

Julian

Hi Julian

I hope you don’t mind, but I would be interested to know what gains you are expecting after implementing rlimits.

Also, I’m sorry but I do not think you can republish the vhost-base to existent vhost already setup.

I could be wrong though, so I apologise in advance, but if I’m correct, I’m thinking you may have a lot of vhosts, and therefore my thoughts are to export the vhosts to another IW server if you have one, and then bring them back in, which I believe would create them again using your new vhost-base.conf.

Many thanks

John

Hi John.

Basically, our aim with RLimits is just to limit the impact of errors or website configuration issues, or a website specific DOS.

Thanks.

Hi Julian

Many thanks, I hope you don’t mind, but do you mean you are trying to stop 1 site from bringing down the apache or server.

If so, I’d be interested to know how well it does when you have determined its impact.

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

“do you mean you are trying to stop 1 site from bringing down the apache or server”

Yes. We would be happy to post an update after we’ve been running it for a while.

Regards,

Julian