Requests

Hello,
I would like to say, that you are (Interworx) very, very slow in development of Nodeworx/Siteworx. I wrote many requests in long past, but no reaction or no efect.
As I see you dont accept that customers need new features, and you frozen at normal features. By me, you dont have vision for future what you want to develop. By me you dont have people capacity and at the same time dont want help from others of your community. You dont have roadmap. You dont asking customers what they want. Etc.
Think about it please!

What is important by me in administration:

• PHP 5.2 and PHP 5.3 side by side
  • shared SSL for one ip
  • new phpmyadmin
  • more databases like postgresql,mongoDB, etc.
  • more and better recurity features (I made many many important postInstallations!)
  • DNSSEC features
  • and many many small but very usefull features

PS: Have you thought about the sale of the company to someone who will the system be further developed?

[QUOTE=standus;19753]Hello,
I would like to say, that you are (Interworx) very, very slow in development of Nodeworx/Siteworx.
[/QUOTE]

In fact development is extremely active.

I wrote many requests in long past, but no reaction or no effect.

I’m sorry your requests haven’t been satisfied fast enough for your taste.

As I see you dont accept that customers need new features, and you frozen at normal features.

False. We’re constantly working on and adding new features, many of which originate from existing customer requests.

By me, you dont have vision for future what you want to develop.

False. We most definitely do have a vision for the future.

By me you dont have people capacity and at the same time dont want help from others of your community.

False. Community members have provided valuable feedback, and in some cases plugins that we will be releasing to everyone in the future.

You dont have roadmap. You dont asking customers what they want. Etc.

There is not a public roadmap. That does not mean there is not a roadmap.

• PHP 5.2 and PHP 5.3 side by side

In almost all cases, it is not difficult make php 5.3 work with php 5.2 compatible code. That said, this is possible, but in reality it is a stop-gap feature that would only be useful for a short amount of time for some people. That is why we leave the PHP/MySQL versions for our clients to decide what is best for their needs.

• shared SSL for one ip

As I’ve explained before, this is not supported by all browsers, and is not supported the redhat el5 openssl build. Therefore, it does not make sense (yet) to have this feature, and so it has not been made the top priority. It is, however, on the roadmap.

• new phpmyadmin

In order to maintain compatibility with older MySQL, upgrading the bundled phpMyAdmin is unfortunately not feasible. However, a perfectly reasonable workaround would be to install the new phpmyadmin version onto a siteworx account on the server. You can even use SimpleScripts to do the install.

• more databases like postgresql,mongoDB, etc.

Demand for these databases from our customers has just not been high enough to make this a priority. They are, however, on the roadmap.

• more and better recurity features (I made many many important postInstallations!)

One of the priorities we are working on is integration of malware detection tools. If you have other specific suggestions, we’re certainly happy to listen.

• DNSSEC features

We do not support it at this time. We are still exploring options - you may be aware that we do not use BIND - and we would prefer not to, given its security history and bloated nature - but it?s clear that DNSSEC will be a eventually be a requirement for our customers, and so we will find a solution. We are still seeking a solution and waiting for widespread acceptance to come before deciding to switch DNS servers.

• and many many small but very usefull features

Despite what you’re suggesting here, we’re always listening.

Paul

Is it possible to develop own plugins? At your pages :

is no information about it?

I honestly prefer that the Iworx teams plans out features and doesn’t just add a bunch of useless crap for comparison sheet.

As a web developer, every time I have to work with someone else’s hosting (besides my Iworx box) and they have Cpanel, I’m happy that I choose to go with InterWorx when I started doing hosting about 8 years ago.