ScriptWorx - Security and Updates

Howdy,

ScriptWorx is a potentially great feature but has become almost useless due to the lack of updates. I looked up all of the scripts on Secunia. All but three of the versions offered as of v2.1.3 have vulnerabilities and present security issues. I don’t want to encourage and enable my clients to install dangerous code!

Questions:

1. Are the versions listed on the ScriptWorx page accurate?

2. What is the policy, plan, etc., for keeping these scripts up-to-date and secure?

3. Is there an intention to add more scripts on a regular basis?

Thanks,

Nick

P.S. I love InterWorx. This is one of those things that has been bugging me for months and I’m finally writing about it.

I believe the next version of InterWorx is going to totally revamp the scriptworx section. So you can add your own scripts and Im sure a lot of other stuff. So maybe the problem is already solved with the new version.

As it stands now the Scripts listed in NodeWorx are those which are installed. The next release will have the most current versions as of that time.

1. What is the policy, plan, etc., for keeping these scripts up-to-date and secure?

2. Is there an intention to add more scripts on a regular basis?

These are both addressed with the reworked ScriptWorx which Justin mentioned, but we’re keeping the details quiet for now. Just know we ARE addressing these, and the next version of ScriptWorx will ship with the current releases of the scripts. :slight_smile:

For the time being you will be responsible for patching/updating the scripts you have already installed on your sites but we are looking at doing something there at some point as well.

Thanks,

Nick

P.S. I love InterWorx. This is one of those things that has been bugging me for months and I’m finally writing about it.

Not a problem, Nick, we appreciate the feedback. These issues have been on our minds as well and I believe you will be VERY happy. Dustin has done a a wonderfull job witht he new ScriptWorx :slight_smile:

And before someone else asks when the next release is set to come out – Sometime before HostingCon in July :smiley: