Scriptworx terribly outdated

All the applications under “scriptworx” are terribly outdated in the version of Iworx that I’m running (InterWorx-CP v2.1.3 [Unlimited Domain] VPS under CentOS release 3.8 (Final))

Severely outdated versions of phpBB 2.0.17, WordPress 1.5.2, gallery 1.5 etc are included in the scriptworx roster, and this doesn’t really cut it as they contain severe security holes etc.

So, is there any way to (automatically) update the applications under Scriptworx? If not, why is this feature included in the Interworx CP in the first place?!

The current version of InterWorx (v.2.1.4) is not capable of upgrading scripts. In the next upcoming version (v.3.0), ScriptWorx will have it’s own updater and scripts can be updated independently of InterWorx releases.

However, it will only update the script so that future installations will be up-to-date. It will not automatically update previous script versions installed with ScriptWorx. That’s an entirely different problem, and I believe there was/is a discussion about that elsewhere on our forums. :slight_smile:

Ah okay :slight_smile: What are the routines set for software updates within Scriptworx? (aka, what is the “shelf-time” between when the software-manufacturer release their updates and when scriptworx is updated, and how does the update routines work purely practical?)

Regarding the previously installed scripts; This is referring to if I update to version 3.x and try to update the applications installed via scriptworx under 2.x on a particular webpage?!

Hard to say. We added more scripts for the 3.0 release, so if the new versions come out fast enough, it may be hard for us to keep up. We’ll do our best to stay on top of things, especially scripts like phpBB. We all know how fun phpBB can be :wink:

Here’s an example of how things would happen with the new ScriptWorx, in chronological order:

1. Site abc.com on your box installs superBB v.5000 via ScriptWorx.
  2. superBB releases v.8000
  3. InterWorx updates the ScriptWorx installer to work with v.8000
  4. You either have ScriptWorx auto-update on, or you specifically “Check for updated Modules” in the ScriptWorx interface, and your box pulls down the latest superBB ScriptWorx installer
  5. Site xyz.net installs superBB. It will install version v.8000 for xyz.net.
  6. Site abc.com will NOT be automatically upgraded to v.8000.

Basically, once a script is installed via ScriptWorx, updating that script is up to the site owner or server admin. That’s how it is now, it may change, but no promises. :slight_smile:

[quote=IWorx-Socheat;10850]Hard to say. We added more scripts for the 3.0 release, so if the new versions come out fast enough, it may be hard for us to keep up. We’ll do our best to stay on top of things, especially scripts like phpBB. We all know how fun phpBB can be :wink:
[/quote]

Yeeees… phpBB is a quality product… :eek::smiley:

[quote=IWorx-Socheat;10850]
Here’s an example of how things would happen with the new ScriptWorx, in chronological order:

1. Site abc.com on your box installs superBB v.5000 via ScriptWorx.
  2. superBB releases v.8000
  3. InterWorx updates the ScriptWorx installer to work with v.8000
  4. You either have ScriptWorx auto-update on, or you specifically “Check for updated Modules” in the ScriptWorx interface, and your box pulls down the latest superBB ScriptWorx installer
  5. Site xyz.net installs superBB. It will install version v.8000 for xyz.net.
  6. Site abc.com will NOT be automatically upgraded to v.8000.

Basically, once a script is installed via ScriptWorx, updating that script is up to the site owner or server admin. That’s how it is now, it may change, but no promises. :)[/quote]

I see, well that is how it works with fantastico and the other software installers I’ve used :slight_smile:

The current version of InterWorx (v.2.1.4)[…]

Wait, the version is 2.1.4? Mine is 2.1.3, and I just checked for updates and nothing happened. Is it really 2.1.4, or was that just a typo? :slight_smile:

Also, I think it would be really nice if you could make installed applications upgradeable via SiteWorx, it would benefit my customers a lot. :smiley:

Thanks,
Mark :slight_smile:

That’s what mine says! :slight_smile:

Sorry, 2.1.4 is only for the ultra-special (or ultra-unfortunate, depends on your point of view ;)) who are running Fedora Core 4. Everything in 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 are identical, except that 2.1.4 has a few tweaks for changes introduced in FC4.

Noted. :slight_smile: Like I said, this was discussed in the thread here:
http://www.interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1634

Feel free to chime in and/or add to the discussion. :slight_smile:

I’m running Cent OS though and I have 2.1.4 :stuck_out_tongue:

I would agree with that one Socheat :wink:

Speaking of 3.0, how’s that coming as a Christmas present?

It doesn’t look like it’s going to be a “white xmas” this year :frowning: :smiley:

ouin ouin

It’s right that waiting near 2 years for antoher major version is really really long!!!
[B]The v2.0 has been out the 06-03-2005

The V3 should be very good with A LOT of new improovments ?!!? [/B]

:rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Pascal