Several Ideas

After using Nodeworx/Siteworx for about a month I’ve really come to love it (especially the rapid upgrades for new features and bug fixes). Of course, I’ve also run into some limitations. Are there plans for any of the following?

-Integrated trouble ticket system. Not really a big deal, but since Siteworx is such an elegant environment it would be nice to have a trouble ticket system built in for tech support.

-Multiple logins for Nodeworx itself. I have several admins and giving them all the same email/password login for Nodeworx is an inconvenience.

-Management of multiple HDs. In other words, do you have any plans to make it easy to create user accounts on multiple partitions (maybe a dropdown menu to choose the mount point you want the home directory based in?). This would greatly simplify creating new user accounts when I add additional HDs to a server.

-An easy way to do a mass emailing to customers to notify them of maintenance windows, etc.

Most of the other things I’d like such as easy installation of blogs and forums, multi-domain administration from a single account, etc have already been addressed in this forum so I won’t repeat them here. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for this impressive control panel, I look forward to its continued improvement.

Integrated trouble ticket system.
We’re keeping options open at this point. One direction we’re considering is adding in hooks for existing support desk systems, like Perldesk, etc.

Multiple logins for Nodeworx itself.
You bet, it’s in the works.

Management of multiple HDs.
This is a very good idea.

An easy way to do a mass emailing to customers
Agreed, this would be a nice feature.

Thanks for the feedback!

Paul

After using Nodeworx/Siteworx for about a month I’ve really come to love it (especially the rapid upgrades for new features and bug fixes). Of course, I’ve also run into some limitations. Are there plans for any of the following?
-Integrated trouble ticket system. Not really a big deal, but since Siteworx is such an elegant environment it would be nice to have a trouble ticket system built in for tech support.

I’d have to agree there, thoug I’d suggest something based upon PHP not CGI. There are a number of freeware ones on sourceforge that you could integrate like you did PHPMyAdmin and the File Manager

-Multiple logins for Nodeworx itself. I have several admins and giving them all the same email/password login for Nodeworx is an inconvenience.

That’s the same thing as having more than one ROOT on a machine. Is that such a hot idea?

-Management of multiple HDs. In other words, do you have any plans to make it easy to create user accounts on multiple partitions (maybe a dropdown menu to choose the mount point you want the home directory based in?). This would greatly simplify creating new user accounts when I add additional HDs to a server.

A nice feature idea as well. My server also has two hard drives.

-An easy way to do a mass emailing to customers to notify them of maintenance windows, etc.

YES YES YES! Or at least a way for us to post a message that they will see onthe SiteWorx screen like we have from Sago on our NodeWorx screen. Perhaps both.

Most of the other things I’d like such as easy installation of blogs and forums, multi-domain administration from a single account, etc have already been addressed in this forum so I won’t repeat them here. :slight_smile:

I have to agree here as well. Even if you set it up for phpBB, Nuke, and PostNuke to start off with it would helm me imesurably. I have several low traffic sites with phpBB on them.

Thanks again for this impressive control panel, I look forward to its continued improvement.

Agreed!

We’re keeping options open at this point. One direction we’re considering is adding in hooks for existing support desk systems, like Perldesk, etc.

That would be awesome. How about instant E-mail piping? :wink:

Management of multiple HDs.

Ditto! And also be able to view partition space percentage etc.