SiteWorx user access to DNS records

It would be very useful for a lot of people if they were able to edit the DNS records for their domain, instead of having to either pay more for a reseller account, or keep bugging their current reseller for changes.

Subdomains are fine if you’re doing hosting on those subdomains… but what if you want to direct that subdomain to a different server, such as for IRC or radio? - I’ve had this a couple of times a while back, on old hosts, when I’ve had to go to the reseller to get them to add the record, which can take a long time, instead of me being able to do it instantly :frowning:

[quote=Fr3d;7669]It would be very useful for a lot of people if they were able to edit the DNS records for their domain, instead of having to either pay more for a reseller account, or keep bugging their current reseller for changes.

Subdomains are fine if you’re doing hosting on those subdomains… but what if you want to direct that subdomain to a different server, such as for IRC or radio? - I’ve had this a couple of times a while back, on old hosts, when I’ve had to go to the reseller to get them to add the record, which can take a long time, instead of me being able to do it instantly :([/quote]

I am also looking for this function. I have a few clients that have a need to edit the DNS-records of their domain theirselves!

Is their any progress in this question? Will this function be added soon?

[quote=stijngielis;12561]I am also looking for this function. I have a few clients that have a need to edit the DNS-records of their domain theirselves!

Is their any progress in this question? Will this function be added soon?[/quote]

Maybe a modified version of this (http://www.vegadns.org/) will work?

Yes if you can’t wait for the Interworx ones, it shouldn’t be so difficult to integrate this one as it is already tinydns and smarty (like interworx is) ready !

Pascal