SMTP Greeting field too small

The SMTP Greeting: field in nodeworx settings page is too small for my message. Here is an example of my message.

This equipment is located in California. In accordance with 17538.45 of the California Business and Professional Code, unsolicited electronic mail advertisements are prohibited. See http://www.zzservers.com/SMTP_policy.php[URL=“http://www.zzservers.com/SMTP_policy.html”] for details.
I can edit /var/qmail/control/smtpgreeting manually but if I use the control panel to change settings after that, it will overwrite my changes.

Tried chmod’ing the smtpgreeting file so you iworx can’t write to it?

Since that is the only thing in that file you should not have a problem unless you specifically edit that field. InterWorx parses the config files but does not edit them unless you change those settings specifically. If you are experienceing something different pleeaselet us know as that would be a bug we’d want to fix.

I just tested and it does truncate the file. This is what I get after clicking update.

This equipment is located in California. In accordance with 17538.45 of the California Business and Professional Code
[SIZE=2]
Since there are other settings modified from the[/SIZE][SIZE=2] MTA SMTP Options (inbound)[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]section if I edit any of those or just click update, it replaces the settings with the shortened version that is on the page.[/SIZE]

I’ll file a bug report, but I doubt the fix will be in 3.0. Thanks for the information.

This is a tiny one to fix, I’m sure we can squeeze it in there :slight_smile:

Paul

I stand corrected – thanks Paul :slight_smile:

At least this one was much easier than the trouble of trying to get a cluster going with my NAT.

Thanks for the fast reply.

It’s actually the comma in the greeting that’s triggering the bug. If you can live without the comma you can workaround the bug that way also.

Paul

Just tried without the comma, no joy. I would think maxlength 128 would have more of an effect. :slight_smile:

<input type="text"
     name="input[smtpgreeting]"
     class="textbox"
     id="smtpgreeting"
     size="32"
     maxlength="128"
     tabindex="23"
     value="This equipment is located in California.  In accordance with 17538.45 of the California Business and Professional Code unsolicit">

Sigh. Sorry Peterz - there were two issues. The maxlength and the comma thing. You can tweak the following file to remove the maxlength limitiation if you like.

/home/interworx/nodeworx/smarty/templates/<theme>/mail/mta.tpl

Paul

Paul,

Thank you, that worked perfectly, even with the comma. I’m off to find another thing that I do weirder than all the others now, thanks again for the great support.