SOA serial changes regularly for now reason

Hi all,

I’ve noticed that InterWorxCP seems to regularly generate new SOA serial number for every DNS zone even though there has been no changes to it. This is a problem for me, because I am running primary nameserver on the InterWorxCP box and this behavior causes secondary nameservers to regularly and uselessly re-transfer all zones, and also to almost never report correct serial number.

Might this be a bug in my setup or a bug in InterWorxCP?

Martin

Martin,

The serial is updated on each export of the dns data file (every 5 minutes). I’ll look into changing this to occur only on a record change as you’re right, the xfers are needless.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I’ll be looking forward to it.

Maritn

SOA serial changes regularly for no reason

Any hope of this being fixed in the near future? I’m running 3.0-RC4 and this problem still exists. This is really nasty to remote secondaries…

Seems the problem still exists in v3.0.4. Any update on this?
Thanks.

This issue really needs to be fixed. We have a few customers slaving zones to our customer slaving server, and we’re still running into this problem. It’s constantly having to repull zones due to the serials always incrementing, even for no reason.

This issue is fixed the next release.

Paul

Hi, just checked version 4.0 and this issue still exists. Is there any hope it will ever be fixed?
Thanks, M.

[QUOTE=Muad;16544]Hi, just checked version 4.0 and this issue still exists. Is there any hope it will ever be fixed?
Thanks, M.[/QUOTE]

It should be fixed in v4, if it isn’t please open a support ticket with details on how to reproduce the problem.

thanks,

Paul