Spam training and structure-only backups

Does a structure-only backup store a domain’s email account Learn Ham / Learn Spam training data? I’m curious as I’m transferring accounts to a new InterWorx server, if I’m accidentally discarding all of the client’s efforts to cut down on their spam. Please advise. Thanks!

Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks.

Unfortunately the structure-only imports do not include the bayes data from the mailboxes (learn ham/learn spam). You will need to do a full backup for this.

I see. Is the same true for calendar data? I just got an email from a customer claiming all her calendar entries were lost. Does a FULL backup catch everything like that?

I guess I will start using FULL backups. I only wasn’t because some of our client sites are huge and a FULL backup exceeds their quota. Structure-only + rsync for the files is so much faster. Is there a backup method available that means “everything you cannot get to easily, no files, no databases?” (I am also transferring the databases with a separate InterWorx DB-only backup.)

I see. Is the same true for calendar data? I just got an email from a customer claiming all her calendar entries were lost. Does a FULL backup catch everything like that?
Yes, calender data won’t be backed up in a structure only backup. This is in part because a calender could be quite huge if the client uses it heavily. A full backup will backup everything. So it should also back up the calendars.

Is there a backup method available that means “everything you cannot get to easily, no files, no databases?” (I am also transferring the databases with a separate InterWorx DB-only backup.)
This is something I will need to ask about. Have you looked into the backup documentation to see if the command-line backup command will do the trick for you?
[URL=“http://www.interworx.com/support/docs/nodeworx/backup/howto-create-backup”]
http://www.interworx.com/support/docs/nodeworx/backup/howto-create-backup

I am using the CLI backup, actually. It doesn’t have what I need either. I just need to backup everything that SiteWorx otherwise makes it difficult to get to. Files (web, email, stats, logs) and databases are all easy. Everything between “structure-only” and what I just listed is what I cannot readily get to. Having individual backup options, such as “spamham” and “calendar” or even just “siteworxdata”, added to the CLI backup utility might be a good idea.

jimp,

Unfortunately this isn’t possible at the moment.

I have added your request to our feature-request system so our devs have been made aware of it.

Status Update?

[QUOTE=IWorx-Dan;17675]jimp,

Unfortunately this isn’t possible at the moment.

I have added your request to our feature-request system so our devs have been made aware of it.[/QUOTE]
Has this request gained any traction in the feature-request list? We still really need more incremental backup options.

For our transfer purposes, we need to be able to backup/restore:

1. Webmail data (address books)
  2. Calendar data
  3. Bayes training

We really need a backup/restore option that means “All InterWorx account data, but no user databases or files.” It is troubling that many of our accounts cannot get their initial backup completed due to quota limits as a full backup, but a structure-only backup will create all of the customer’s email addresses on the other side but then forget all of their settings per email address. Is a full backup / full restore still the only option for backing up ALL account data in the InterWorx database?