SpamAssassin cannot be enabled

Hello,

I am trying to change the SpamAssassin Options and every time I click “update” everything goes back to the original state of being blank.

Also, I am wondering what is the best way to block emails with a score of over 15 at the server level and mark emails with a score of 5-15 with a “spam” in the header?

Thanks,

Ed

[quote=stokedallthetim;14621]Hello,

I am trying to change the SpamAssassin Options and every time I click “update” everything goes back to the original state of being blank.[/quote]

What exactly is blank? Everything on the SPAM Filtering page in NodeWorx?

There should be some default values. Check the perms on the spamassassin config file:

[root@iworx config]# ls -la /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
-rw-r----- 1 spamd spamd 1969 Feb 3 2006 /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
[root@iworx config]#

I have this same problem.

Under "SpamAssassin Options’, attempting to update the SMTP Level Scanning option to Enabled doesn’t work. Setting it to Enabled, then clicking the Update button results in it going back to Disabled. Also, putting a value in SMTP SPAM Score Threshold and then Updating results in the value being wiped out. Updating the Rewrite Header Subject value works though.

I’ve double checked permissions on local.cf (and the fact that I can set some of the values in the Options area points to other problems than permissions).

This is iworx version v3.0.3 with the latest (11/1) update applied.

BTW, the fix at the end of this thread solves the problem: http://interworx.info/forums/showthread.php?p=14675