SSH session dont terminate

All,
On CentOS 7 with v5.17 If I select any or all sessions in Nodeworx to terminate the sessions they don’t terminate. The connection is still active. Has this been reported?

Hi bdacus01

I have not heard of that but I am trying to envisage what your trying to terminate

I know you said nodeworx, but what session service are you trying to terminate Apache, FTP ssh etc

A picture would help

If you believe you have found a bug, you could open a support ticket and report a bug

Hopefully some users who run centos7 will post

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;28715]Hi bdacus01

I have not heard of that but I am trying to envisage what your trying to terminate

I know you said nodeworx, but what session service are you trying to terminate Apache, FTP ssh etc

A picture would help

If you believe you have found a bug, you could open a support ticket and report a bug

Hopefully some users who run centos7 will post

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Here is a screen shot. So to Log an official bug report i need to log a service request ? I am game how do I do that? So when I click Terminate nothing happens… my session is still active.

Hi bdacus01

Thanks for picture, I see its ssh termination

I wonder if this is because you have changed the ssh port - just a thought

Another thought, if you login as a user and root on ssh, can you terminate the session then - just thinking your using root to terminate root

To open a support ticket to report a bug, login to your nodeworx, remote service (I think or it maybe called remote help), click the support link and complete the details required, chose bug report or state bug report, also, turn on remote support service, so IW can connect to your server and state remote support service is turned on in your ticket

I hope that helps and sorry, I do not use centos 7 in production and currently have not loaded any centos 7 test servers

Many thanks

John

Hi bdacus01

Sorry, I have just tried this on a test server running centos 6 and root will not terminate root session

You can terminate a user ssh session from nodeworx (siteworx user usually)

So I don’t think it is a bug unless you cannot terminate a user ssh session in nodeworx

If you do not have any users enabled for ssh, login to nodeworx, siteworx, ssh and enable a user to test with, changing the shell to any shell except nologin

When test finished, just disable the user ssh account

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John