subdomains: is this set-up possible

Hello,

I was wondering if this set-up was possible:

Server #1
yourdomain.com - all files for this website reside on server #1

Server #2
subdomain.yourdomain.com- all files for this site placed under the subdomain folder on the second server?

I have tired this set-up with other CP’S and have no problem. When i tired it with InterWorx, it would not pick-up the subdomain, all i was getting was the standard Inter page.

THanks;

If you want to place things in the subdomain folder on the second server, you’d have to set up the domain name as an account on the second server. If you don’t care, you can just set the account on the second server to host “subdomain.yourdomain.com”. Although I haven’t tried that in awhile so I don’t know if it still works :slight_smile:

This is what I’d recommend, as well.

Create mydomain.com as a siteworx account on server A

Create subdomain.mydomain.com as a siteworx account on server B

Create an A record for subdomain.mydomain.com on server A pointing to the appropriate IP on server B.

That should work.

I’ve actually did that twice, without any lucks. Could there be a setting that is not allowing this?

I’ve added it under a domain and then as its own subdomain. You can view the standard Interworx page, but no subfolders, not edited copies of the index page or anything.

Thanks;

Is the subdomain part of the same siteworx account with files in the same home dorectory /html/subdomain

Of is it a completely different SiteWorx account where the files are in it’s own html directory?

For my suggestion to work it must have it’s OWN siteworx account and files need to be in the html folder not a subfolder of html.

On the server, I installed three accounts

Fusionchicago.com
With subdomains, assets.fusionchicago.com. load.fusionchicago.com and siteworx.fusionchicago.com. None of these files are working, they just stay at the standard Interworx page.

Siteworxtest.fusionchicago.com
None of these files show up under the domain, they just stay at the standard Interworx Page.

Fusionstreams.com
All the files from SiteWorxTest.FusionChicago.com show up, but not the files in the fusionstreams.com folder. Even subfolders work.

All files where placed onto the public_html folder. I have double checked to make sure I was using the correct FTP account (which was ftp@thedomain.com) and when I log in, I can see the folder according to the domain. (such as the three files, the domain, var and public html)?

I?m so confused at this point. I have worked with other CP’s and never had this problem before. Could it be something that was set-up wrong with the server?

This site is showing the apache test screen (not the new account screen) which tells me that the virtualhost is not set up properly on that server, or not present at all. Please look in this directory /etc/httpd/conf.d on that server and see if a file called siteworxtest.fusionchicago.com.conf is present and if so paste it’s contents here. Most likely it is either not present or the IP is not corect.

If you are still confused with this and want us to take a look, go ahead and open a support ticket. We don’t want your first experience with InterWorx to be a bad one :slight_smile:

fusionstreams.com and fusionchigago.com both work for me. One is an Internet dance radio site and the other is a shopping cart. Is this what we are supposed to see?

EDIT: This does not appear to be a dns problem as each site goes to a separate IP

ping Siteworxtest.fusionchicago.com

PING Siteworxtest.fusionchicago.com (69.9.189.135) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 69.9.189.135: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 time=46.0 ms

ping Fusionchicago.com

PING Fusionchicago.com (208.101.27.253) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 208.101.27.253-static.reverse.softlayer.com (208.101.27.253): icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=6.94 ms

ping Fusionstreams.com

PING Fusionstreams.com (69.9.188.206) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 69.9.188.206: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 time=46.4 ms

These are the corect IP’s, right?