Suggestions server migration pre v3.0

Hi all,

We have a new server that we want to migrate our existing Iworx-CP install to.
Now, what would be the preferred way:

Do the migration on current version, and later (when availiable) have the new upgraded to v3

Wait on v3 and install the new server with a clean v3, upgrade the current one and then do the migration

Thanks
-tsl-

I would probably go for the first option… just to get it out of the way :slight_smile:

hmm yeah, thanks! Maybe the best bet to get it out of the way first :wink:
What I was thinking about was if something in the new upcoming v3 install/upgrade had some advantages doing as a clean install or not?

-tsl-

And how long do you have the time to wait for version 3 ?? It’s a public secret when the release of version 3 will be.

Good point…and a tricky one to answer :o
We don’t really have a panic to do the server switch yet, but since there is no release date on v3 it might be safest to go with option 1 for now. I’d sleep better with the new hardware in place :slight_smile:

I’d just go ahead and do the migration now. The only reason I can think of to wait would be if you had a lot of sites you wanted to consolidate into one SiteWorx account when multi-domain is available. In that case it migt be easier to wait so you aren’t messing with things twice. If the hardware improvements are important, I’d do them now and be done with it.

In my experience Linux isnt like Windows there a fresh OS install after an “upgrade” imporves perfomance. InterWorx 3 will just replace InterWorx 2.1.3 and the approprite RPM’s will be updated or installed. It doesn’t leave a bunch of junk on your hard drive :wink:

InterWorx 3 will just replace InterWorx 2.1.3 and the approprite RPM’s will be updated or installed. It doesn’t leave a bunch of junk on your hard drive :wink:

Thanks Tim, that’s what I wanted to hear. We don’t have a big issue with multi-domain needs yet…so I’ll go ahead and plan the migration shortly.
To all, thanks for your inputs!

rgds
-tsl-