Trying to install a application...

“express engine”

Running their dbtest.php utility and get the following message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in /home/georgiaw/georgia-websites.net/html/ee/eesys/utilities/dbtest.php on line 12

Also, I notice that my server was running mysql 3.23.58. I thought interworx installed 4.

IS there something I need to do to configure php and mysql?

Running their dbtest.php utility and get the following message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in /home/georgiaw/georgia-websites.net/html/ee/eesys/utilities/dbtest.php on line 12

Also, I notice that my server was running mysql 3.23.58. I thought interworx installed 4.

bluesin,

try “yum install php-mysql” and then restart apache and that should do it. We’ve reverted back to the stock mysql that comes with each distribution while we work out MySQL licensing issues.

Chris

That did it.

Should I upgrade mysql myself?

If you want to get it upgraded today I would. MySQL has RPMs on their site that should work. If you’re willing to wait a few days, possibly a week we’ll have this sorted out and will have a definitive answer on the mysql issue (i hope).

Chris

Its not a problem to get them from mysql. I can tell you that aparently the issue is not just with you guys, it is mentioned at ensim as an issue also.

What packages? Main, client, dyn and libs? is 4.1.10a. ok?