When 3.0 comes out....

Will it update PHP and MySQL to the latest version?

Hi Godboko,

No, InterWorx won’t update the system PHP or MySQL.

See Paul’s first post in this thread:
http://www.interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12417

Soche

[quote=IWorx-Socheat;12830]Hi Godboko,

No, InterWorx won’t update the system or PHP or MySQL.

See Paul’s first post in this thread:
http://www.interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12417

Soche[/quote]

Oh ok,

Thanks for the answer guess I will be on PHP 5.0.2 until I get a new server, for some reason no version of PHP will work with an interworx server beyond 5.0.2 or atleast thats what Sago told me.

That’s not true. Many people here have been able to install PHP5 and MySQL (we have PHP 5.2.2 and MySQL 5.0.xx running on our own servers as we speak). If you look in our Hacks/Tips/Tricks forums, you’ll see quite a few howto’s on how to upgrade the RPMs yourself.

[QUOTE=godboko;12832]atleast thats what Sago told me.[/QUOTE]:rolleyes:

Hmm ok, well when I paid them to dot he upgrade they said thats as high as they could go without breaking the server.

Meaning?

Will it be useful to some if you provide an option to upgrade php/mysql?

You always have the option to upgrade, we just don’t officially support it. :slight_smile: If you take a look at the howto’s that are posted in the Hacks/Tips/Tricks section, some of them show you how to build upgraded RPMs from the source RPMs, which is the method we recommend for those who want to upgrade.

The version of PHP and MySQL is mainly determined by the distribution you run. For example, if you run FC4, you would be running PHP 5.0.4. If you were to upgrade PHP to 5.2.2 on your own, and then opened a ticket w/ the FC4 team about a problem with PHP, they probably wouldn’t support it either.

I meant an user interface option in the CP whether to update php/mysql or not; of course officially supporting it. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=godboko;12835]Meaning?[/QUOTE] Im with Steadfast now :cool: