Will all work well ?

Hello InterWorx forum :).
I think I have looked at all the best panels (on their websites and trying the demo) since many days and InterWorx appears to be the best and it seems that it will become better again in the future versions (load balancing !). There is especially a fast and good support ! So I plan to buy it in the next days.

But before buying, I want to know if it will work well with my material configuration :
There is the ADSL modem (FreeBox) linked to a Linksys WRT54GS router/switch/firewall (NAT routing) and the server linked to it. So, I have one public IP# and the server has his private IP#. When load balancing will be possible, I will add another server or more with each one private IP#.

I want to do shared hosting : will InterWorx work perfectly with no problem with this configuration ?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards.

Not sure what kind of DSL you have, but not sure load balancing would be worth it since you are going to be limited in BW, espcially upload BW (or download for web server clients).

Thank you for the answer.

I don’t think the BW will be a problem (Upload: 1.2 Mbits ATM currently handles about 200 small websites with no problem).

I just want to know if InterWorx will work well, independently of the BW.

I want to do shared hosting : will InterWorx work perfectly with no problem with this configuration ?

The upcoming clustering/load balancing setup for IWorx-CP boxes will work in NAT’d setup UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:

You must use STATIC NAT, where there is a one-to-one correspondence between external and internal IPs. I don’t think your linksys will do this Roman2k unfortunately.

You can use iworx-cp in an unclustered setup behind NAT (any NAT) without problems, but the clustered/load balanced version will require static NAT.

Chris

Thank you for the precise answer :).
I deduce that the rest of InterWorx (I mean all except load balancing) will have no problem :cool:.

Does Static NAT corresponds to what the guy wants in this topic and/or Port Mapping ?

You must use STATIC NAT, where there is a one-to-one correspondence between external and internal IPs.

I just have one unique external IP address and have one (and later several) internal IP address of InterWorx servers : that is the main point of why I created this thread : I was wondering whether InterWorx would work or not with this condition.
If static NAT can allow me to make load balancing (still with one external IP address) when there will be more servers, I will can buy a router which can do this.

Check out:

Search for: “Basic NAT vs port number translation” and it gives a good description.

Chris

Ok thank you.
Can you confirm me that all except maybe load balancing will work well (your answers didn’t precise if it was the case or not) please ?

Can you confirm me that all except maybe load balancing will work well (your answers didn’t precise if it was the case or not) please ?

Sorry, yes, everything outside of clustering will work fine on a dynamically NAT’d system. That is, a system where you have 1+ InterWorx-CP servers behind a single external address and all InterWorx-CP servers are on NAT’d internal IPs.

Chris

Thank you Chris. I should buy IWorx when my money will be usable (in a few days/week(s)) :).