Zen Cart installable via ScriptWorx

I have had a few customers ask why we offer osCommerce (inside ScriptWorx) considering it requires register_globals turned on while Zen Cart does not. They say “osCommerce is a security risk” (and they might be right).

For now, I have just been offering to install Zen Cart for them manually so they can get started. Would it be very difficult to add support for Zen Cart to ScriptWorx in the near future? Or is it possible for me to add support for Zen Cart to ScriptWorx?

We’ll be adding a ton of scripts jimp in the coming months and Zen Cart will be supported.

Chris

Excellent…

Glad to hear it, and even more glad you guys always have an ear open to your users. :slight_smile:

It is possible for me to write new ScriptWorx packages? We (Basic Matrix LLC) write PHP applications, some of which are almost ready for general use, and it would be neat to offer them via a simple ScriptWorx installation.

Also, is it possible to offer specific ScriptWorx software depending on the user or the package the user is signed up for? For example, someone could buy a product from us, and then we could enable it under their ScriptWorx settings for them to install. Another example: The customers signed up for business hosting could receive more/better ScriptWorx options than the customers signed up for personal hosting. Many possibilities…

Glad to hear it, and even more glad you guys always have an ear open to your users.

:), we try!

It is possible for me to write new ScriptWorx packages? We (Basic Matrix LLC) write PHP applications, some of which are almost ready for general use, and it would be neat to offer them via a simple ScriptWorx installation.

As of this release no, but we will open the API in future releases so all iworx-cp clients can.

Also, is it possible to offer specific ScriptWorx software depending on the user or the package the user is signed up for? For example, someone could buy a product from us, and then we could enable it under their ScriptWorx settings for them to install. Another example: The customers signed up for business hosting could receive more/better ScriptWorx options than the customers signed up for personal hosting. Many possibilities…

Not yet, and this is the first I’ve heard of such an idea. We’ll think about it but at this point it’s too much to undertake in the next few releases.

Chris

That’s understandable. Thanks for considering it!