A few questions!

Hey,

I’ve had a look at interworx and so far I have to say it aint looking bad at all. I have a few questions I’m hoping someone could answer.

1. Is it possible to have a 30 day type test license to test this on my hardware?

2. I’m just starting out on an interworx network but I would like it to grow. Meantime I’d be using just the 1 box with everything on it but eventually I’d like to have it something like:

[Network Storage]

-HTTP Servers
-FTP Servers
-Mail Servers
-MySQL/PostgreSQL Servers
-Siteworx login box

Does interworx allow me to create this network setup as and when I need to, but from a single box start? Or would I need to create new networks and move a lot?

1. I notice you say siteworx is modifyable by header/footer/css. I presume it’s possible to modify it much more to match my site exactly?

2. Is it possible to add content to siteworx? I have many php scripts that would greatly benefit clients being directly in the control panel.

3. Regarding the last question, can siteworx pass user variables such as home directory to php scripts?

4. I want to secure the server, this at least involves changing ports. Can interworx work perfectly with modified mail ports, sql ports, sshd ports and maybe even ftp ports?

1. Is it possible to have a 30 day type test license to test this on my hardware?

No, but we do offer a single domain license for free to test out your box.

1. I’m just starting out on an interworx network but I would like it to grow. Meantime I’d be using just the 1 box with everything on it but eventually I’d like to have it something like:

[Network Storage]

-HTTP Servers
-FTP Servers
-Mail Servers
-MySQL/PostgreSQL Servers
-Siteworx login box

Does interworx allow me to create this network setup as and when I need to, but from a single box start? Or would I need to create new networks and move a lot?

InterWorx does not break up tasks to individual servers so this wouldn’t be easily possible. Even with our clustering support at this point.

1. I notice you say siteworx is modifyable by header/footer/css. I presume it’s possible to modify it much more to match my site exactly?

Yes, the templates are fully configurable.

1. Is it possible to add content to siteworx? I have many php scripts that would greatly benefit clients being directly in the control panel.

You can but it’d take some work :slight_smile:

1. Regarding the last question, can siteworx pass user variables such as home directory to php scripts?

There are no hooks into SiteWorx’s infrastructure at this point.

1. I want to secure the server, this at least involves changing ports. Can interworx work perfectly with modified mail ports, sql ports, sshd ports and maybe even ftp ports?

somewhat, but it does expect “normal” ports for the server status and stop/start/restart pages.

Chris

What is the duration of the free-license period?

Is it possible to install on a local system to just try and get used with it?
If yes, does that require any license and has any expiry dates?

[SIZE=2]Ok so how do I go about obtaining this trial license?[/SIZE]

Iain,

Please open a support ticket and we’ll get you set up with a single domain trial license.

Thanks,
Socheat

What is the duration of the free-license period?

Is it possible to install on a local system to just try and get used with it?
If yes, does that require any license and has any expiry dates?

A single-domain lic is free and it is a perpetually free lic.

Chris

Chris, Thanks for the reply.

I have heard that apache, php & mysql can be installed on a windows desktop and http://localhost could be accessed from the browser.

Is it possible to install i-worx on a linux desktop?
And access the CP via the browser?

p.s: I don’t have a static IP with my net connection

You can install iworx-cp on a supported platform with gnome or kde installed. I’ve seen this done once or twice but it’s by no means the recommended installation environment :slight_smile: