About domains/subdomains

Hello,
I have not yet bought InterWorx but I have some questions :

• I will be offering free hosting accounts with one subdomain of my main domain. So when I will create an account I will give as domain a subdomain. For example : [i]test.mydomain.com[/i]. Will the customer be able to add "subsubdomains", for example add a "subsubdomain" [i]toto.test.mydomain.com[/i] ? Will he be able to add pointer domains ? If yes, will he be able to add pointer domains like [i]othersubdomain.mydomain.com[/i] ?
  • I read the forum and found that for a customer have several master domains, I must create a reseller account for him to add his SiteWorx's, is it still the case with actual InterWorx version ? Because I saw on the demo SiteWorx that in order to login, a customer must give his e-mail address (why ?), his password and the name of the SiteWorx's master domain I think. If a customer with his SiteWorx can have multiple master domains, then I don't see where to give another master domain to a user (who is corresponding to a SiteWorx).
  • Is it possible to have a pointer domain which points to a subdirectory of the SiteWorx ?

Thank you in advance.

If you create a SiteWorx account with the domain test.mydomain.com it is treated the same as any other fully qualified domain name and your SiteWorx account will have all of the same features as an account created as mydomain.com

[/quote]

Yes you can create a the subdomain as described (I just tested it)

Yes, you can create a pointer domain leading to test.mydomain.com the base of the SiteWorx account. As of yet you can not point one to toto.test.mydomain.com but I know an overhaul of the subdomain/pointer domain system is planned for a future release so it is possible that that functionality might be added.

• I read the forum and found that for a customer have several master domains, I must create a reseller account for him to add his SiteWorx's, is it still the case with actual InterWorx version ?

Yes.

Because I saw on the demo SiteWorx that in order to login, a customer must give his e-mail address (why ?), his password and the name of the SiteWorx’s master domain I think.

The email address servers as the NodeWorx login for the reseller.

If a customer with his SiteWorx can have multiple master domains, then I don’t see where to give another master domain to a user (who is corresponding to a SiteWorx).

If I understand you corectly, no. Each SiteWorx account can only have one somain. If the person needs another domain he or she will need to be set up as a reseller. Multiple domains per SiteWorx account is a feature that is planned but it’s a ways off. The developers know we want it but they are workint of a few other goodies first. As with any future feature they do not give out ETA’s.

• Is it possible to have a pointer domain which points to a subdirectory of the SiteWorx ?

No. See above.

Thank you in advance.

No problem.

• Thanks a lot for your answer and the tests you made to answer, timryberg.

Yes, you can create a pointer domain leading to test.mydomain.com the base of the SiteWorx account.

If I understand well, the customer will be able to have any subdomains of my main domain (mydomain.com) as he wants using pointer domains ?

If it is the case, I would like him to have only one subdomain of my main domain : the one I gave him during the creation of the account. Is it possible ?

I’m waiting for an answer from an IWorx-tech but they unfortunately look to be out for now :(.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, you can limit a client to how many subdomains they are allowed when you create their siteworx account. When you are in the SiteWorx Account creation page, under Package Features, you will see a box for Subdomains. There you can enter the number of subdomains this account is allowed to create. If you want to limit them to just one subdomain, type in “1”.

The same is true with pointer domains. You can limit how many pointer domains the user can create on that same page.

Ok thank you Socheat :).

No problem. Hope to see you join our lnterWorx “family” soon :slight_smile:

Yes it is hopefully soon, I’m waiting for by creditcard to arrive :slight_smile: (normally in 8 days).

Glad to hear it :slight_smile: