Access site before domain is done pointing

IN cpanel before the domain is pointers users can use IPADDRESS~userlogin to access there front webpage. Is their a way to do this in interworx?

Long time Cpanel user and only been messing with interworx for about a day now. Also Any usefull tutorials anywhere? WHen I click for the tutorial section here I get a picture of a cat on a laptop.(Which the real funny part the cat looks very similar to my cat Tigger :P. )

Hi silvertech

Yes, you can access the domain before records go live by using the following.

Http://your-server-ip/~unixname

You should find your unixname shown when editing the siteworx account, or when first setup the siteworx account.

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;25184]Hi silvertech

Yes, you can access the domain before records go live by using the following.

Http://your-server-ip/~unixname

You should find your unixname shown when editing the siteworx account, or when first setup the siteworx account.

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured out the error I made thank you so much for the quick responce. =)

Hi Silvatech,

Where do you see the “tutorials” link? I don’t want any broken links hanging around!

[QUOTE=IWorx-Brett;25204]Hi Silvatech,

Where do you see the “tutorials” link? I don’t want any broken links hanging around![/QUOTE]

Good to hear if I go from my interworx /nodeworx/overview I click Help icon on the upper right corner. it takes me to the address http://www.interworx.com/nodeworx/tutorials/

Which for whatever reason I get Interworx Kitty says:
“Holy cat clobies! The page you requested could not be found.”

Which I think is cure =).

I am glad to see How quick the Interworx developers so far quickly respond. Please let me know you need anymore information in order to correct. ((honestly a few things with Interworx, my developer does not care for, but your professionalism we will have another look at a few of his issues.

I know, I am a gravediggger :smiley: But it’s much quicker to resurrect old threads and the forum is not so cluttered.

I can’t get http://your-server-ip/~unixname to work. I think I need to disable “Default sites”, but even then I can’t access any websites via the IP. Has something about this changed?

Hi Michael

Sorry, I tested this on a few Iw servers and mostly works fine

The Ines which fail are those that require dns live, as in source code requesting URL directly or some word press sites, which appear to stop direct IP address reference if that makes sense

As a test, I would create a simple HTML/php site, and reference that first using, then progress onto others to see what I mean

I hope that helps a little but I’m thinking your just seeing a blank page. Sometimes changing the browser reveals some details as well

Many thanks

John