All my email authentication and all FTP access to all my sites are failing.

In Outlook suddenly about 90 prompts popup (30 sites with each 3 email accounts) asking me to retype my email username and password.

Twice in two days, that is more than I can take, my patience is running thin on this problem.

All my email authentication and all FTP access to all my sites are failing.

I have NOT restarted iworx using SSH, as I wanted you guys to take a look at this problem, while it was down.

However I will need to restart soon, so please contact me as soon as you figure anything out.

Logon to my server is the same, as from the other day.

Also note that when I restart iworx, SQL is not restarted.

I guess I should add, that this is a recurring problem, that have been increasing in frequency since about 1? month ago.

Well I actually just restarted iworx from SSH, as I needed to FTP something

Hi RWF,

Are there any errors in the /home/interworx/var/log/mysqld.log file, that correspond to the times this problem occurs?

Paul

It happened again yesterday, and just again a today :mad: :mad:

The last few times I noticed the following message when restarting iworx:

service iworx restart
Stopping InterWorx-web: [ OK ]
Stopping InterWorx-db: [ OK ]
Starting InterWorx-db: [ OK ]
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:2080
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Starting InterWorx-web: [FAILED]

When I try the restart a second time, it works fine.

Until this VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM, has been fixed I will report it here EVERY single time.

Again today around 1:10PM

All email authentication, all FTP access, suddenly went dead.

Obviously a problem with InterWorx!

I am getting sick and tired of this same recurring problem

Until this VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM, has been fixed I will report it here EVERY single time.

That’s what the forums are for RWF. Feel free.

All email authentication, all FTP access, suddenly went dead.

Obviously a problem with InterWorx!

This isn’t as “obvious” as it may seem RWF. Many things may cause services to crash/hang or otherwise stop working. It’s dependant on the machine load and other software that you have installed as well. We’re happy to work with you to fix this but you must understand that 99% of all other InterWorx-CP clients do not have this problem so there must be something different/special/unique etc about your setup.

Now, that said, could you (again) shoot me the login info for your box. I’m more than happy to take a look at it.

I am getting sick and tired of this same recurring problem

This is evident, and I would be as well.

Chris

Stopping InterWorx-web: [ OK ]
Stopping InterWorx-db: [ OK ]
Starting InterWorx-db: [ OK ]
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:2080
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Starting InterWorx-web: [FAILED]

This is a problem with the underlying apache not shutting down completely before a new instance is started. A 2nd restart will fix the problem (since apache has had more time to stop itself) and this will be addressed in the next release.

Chris

RWF,

After re-reading the thread I’m less confident that my fix will solve this exact problem, so next time this happens (if it happens) could you post/email immediately and DO NOT restart the iworx service until we can take a peek at it. Like I said, you’re the only one we’ve seen with this problem and being abot to actually see the problem while it’s showing itself is 1/2 the battle of fixing it.

Chris

To whoever is on watch:

My recurring problem just happened again, at 10:04AM.

Suddenly out of the blue, when my email program is doing a “send/receive”, which is does every 15 minutes, all my email authentication and all FTP access to all my sites are failing.

Since this is Sunday, I do not except you guys to be there.

Nevertheless I will wait to restart IWORX for a few hours, so to give anyone there a chance to look into the matter while it is down.

Please contact me asap to acknowledge.

Thanks

RWF

We are here, and I’m looking into it now.

Paul

Oh, hi Paul, I am emailing you new access info…

I believe I have at least identified the problem, can you confirm that it started working again?

Yes email and FTP access is working again.

Did you manually restart MySQL? Because in the past restarting IWORX did NOT restart MySQL and I always had to do it manually?

What problem did you identify?

Thanks

To answer your question about MySQL, when you restart the control panel with the command
service iworx restart
it restarts both the web and database portions of the control panel.

When I tried to connect to the database with telnet, I got an error stating:

Host ‘localhost.localdomain’ is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with ‘mysqladmin flush-hosts’

When I flushed the hosts as the error suggested, that’s when your mail etc started working again.

I searched around for that error and found this on the MySQL docs:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/FLUSH.html

You can start mysqld with --max_connect_errors=999999999 to avoid this error message.

I’ve set this variable to this high value on your server, and I believe this will stop this problem from happening. I will be restarting InterWorx on your server for this change to take effect shortly.

Paul

Paul, that’s great!

Thansk for solving the problem.

I am a little confused about MySQL started, because every time I have restarted IWORX, just like you did through SSH, MySQL did NOT start, and I always had to start it manually.

I see what you’re saying now. Restarting InterWorx isn’t supposed to shut down the main MySQL, but we’ve found that under certain conditions, it does. This problem is addressed in the next release. In this case you do have to start up MySQL again manually.
The command
service mysqld start
will do it.

Kewl,

two things less to worry about in one day :slight_smile:

Thanks