Allow alias and mailbox

I know this can be done maually by changing some qmail .domain files, but it would be nice to be able to have SiteWorx handle this.

Basically the case I’m talking about is where you want an incoming email to be fowarded to another email or to another group of emails as well as stored in the Vpopmail mailbox on the server.

You could a set up like this:
E-mail group: group@domain.com
E-mail alias: alias@domain.com
E-mail box: box@domain.com

agroup@domain.com is an e-mail group, that sends mail to both alias@domain.com and box@domain.com.

That would have the same effect, right? The e-mail box that retreives the e-mail would just be named “abox” instead of “agroup” in this case. Is that the primary concern?

I didn’t think about it like that, but that would give the same effect:
bob@domain.com is an alias group that fowards to bob_pop@domain.com and bob@otherdomain.com

The user could then POP3 to bob_pop@domain.com and just setup the return address as bob@domain.com

The way I was thinking before is to just be able to create an alias in SiteWorx and also create a mailbox. Right now this produces an error message.

A better way (although not through siteworx) is to just added a .qmail-username file.

If the account (email) is bob@domain.com

Create a file in the /home/domain.com/var/domain.com/mail called ‘.qmail-bob’

&bob@otherdomain.com
| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox