I setup a client’s Exchange server to use my Iworx server as a SmartHost. I’ve setup the tcprules to allow their static IP to relay through my server, but they got on a blacklist that my server blocks and it’s not letting their emails out.
Is there a way to also whitelist their IP from the blacklist at a global level?
I’m so sorry, I have edited my original post as whitelist_from is not available as an option from drop down box, but it is the set as the picture displayed. Both of these are the same i.e whitelist_from.
Also, I hope you don’t mind, but you have indicated if it is your iworx server blocking at rbl or if it is a receiving mail server your sending to, which is blocking. If the latter, I think you will need to clear the headers as a lot of mail servers will check on sender originator details.
Lastly, and it’s off the cuff, so please feel free to ignore, but is the client etg by any chance.
This is just a small business IT client of mine. To try and help them out I setup their Exchange to forward (Smarthost) to my server to hide their blacklisted IP while I try to figure out which workstation is infected with the SpamBot.
The problem is the main SMTP level “Realtime (SBL) Blacklists” SpamCop is blocking their email. For now I just disabled the SpamCop blocking at SMTP level, but was wondering if there was a SMTP level way to whitelist an IP.
I’m not sure the SA settings will be able to get around this block in this specialized “smarthost” setup, but I’ll have a look.
Many thanks, I’ll have a read if that when I’m finished later.
My initial understanding of enterprise mail servers is the mail server hands off to a filter, either at connection time and or once email has been received but prior to flushing the spools to accounts etc…
I think as spamcop is auto set in SA it is here where it is been used.
Also, just a thought, have checked with other rbls, if listed at spamcop, it’s likely it’s listed with some more rbls. We use dnsstuff.com to check.
I hope you don’t mind, but you have indicated if it is your iworx server blocking at rbl or if it is a receiving mail server your sending to, which is blocking. If the latter, I think you will need to clear the headers as a lot of mail servers will check on sender originator details.
It was my iworx server doing it at the SMTP level (since it was just relaying it). Once I remove the list from my server settings emails sent fine.
I never tried the other helpful suggestion by John, 22.214.171.124:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="", since it was just a temporary setup and I was about to take it down anyway.
But I will know for next time. Thanks again John.
Thanks! Thought it was a fun way to present our info.