"Authentication Error" on siteworx demo

iworx siteworx demo (http://interworx.com/products/iworx-cp/demo) causes an
“Authentication Error” for given login details.

But, the nodeworx demo works.

The SiteWorx demo should be fixed now.

Socheat

Yes it works now.

But yesterday, I have been to SiteWorx interface via NodeWorx login and I could use the ‘Add SiteWorx User’ link (or the Edit link). I also created an email only user and logged in via that and then deleted it.

But, now that link doesn’t work (both direct/via-nodeworx logins); it remains in the same page after clicking it. Is that disabled or it’s a problem?

I wanted to know if an email user could use siteworx to manage their email accounts and other settings (I will allow permission only for ‘Email’ to the siteworx user). Is that possible if the email is like name@sub1.mydomain.tld where “sub1.mydomain.tld” is a secondary domain?

SiteWorx User login’s access is per domain or for the entire siteworx account level?
i.e., Is it possible for one SiteWorx User to not see the other secondary domains?

PS:
BTW, I guess emails at subdomain (also catchall) isn’t possible just with a siteworx account . (like name@sub2.mydomain.tld ; where sub2 is the subdomain at mydomain.tld which is the only/main domain for the siteworx account)

Just did a test for you.

Created a secondary domain sub.mysite.com

Went to the SiteWorx user page and made a new user with sub.mysite.com selected from the dropdown at the top and gave the user access to ONLY email.

When I logged in as the user it had sub.mysite.com set as the master domain BUT the other domains were still available via the drop-down menu at the top.

Looks like to do what you want to do you’d need to create sub.mysite.com as it’s own SiteWorx account.

Thanks for taking the test for me.

Created a secondary domain sub.mysite.com

Went to the SiteWorx user page and made a new user with sub.mysite.com selected from the dropdown at the top and gave the user access to ONLY email.

When I logged in as the user it had sub.mysite.com set as the master domain BUT the other domains were still available via the drop-down menu at the top.

Is that overlooked or left that way?
Can you guys make the Siteworx User’s access specific to the domain?

Also, the Email overview page displays no. of Mailboxes/Aliases/Groups/Autoresponders used for the siteworx owner. This should not be seen by the siteworx (email only) user. But, the catchall and bounce options are on that page. So they should be moved somewhere and the overview page not to be shown to the email user.

If these two points are addressed, the Email User Panel is ready. :slight_smile:
Will you consider this? (I guess it won’t be too difficult :slight_smile: )

Looks like to do what you want to do you’d need to create sub.mysite.com as it’s own SiteWorx account.

I know it’s own siteworx account would do. But, it requires multiple siteworx accounts (reseller hosting) to do a thing that should be possible with a single siteworx account (shared hosting).

And, finding a shared host that would allow you to have many siteworx accounts isn’t easy; while you may find some that allows many secondary domains on the shared plan.

Hi Tiger,

When you say email user, you mean an individual email account for that domain right? For example, john.smith@somedomain.com.

If so, if john.smith@somedomain.com were given “email user” access to SiteWorx, what functions are they allowed (and not allowed) to perform?

I want to make sure we understand exactly what you mean by “email user panel” first, before we continue the discussion. :slight_smile:

Socheat

Yes, I meant an individual email account for that domain. But, now I realize that it’s applicable only if the entire domain is given to the user for email (as in my case john@smith.somedomain.tld; where smith.somedomain.tld would be a secondary domain at my siteworx account). i.e The user could create as many accounts and also could use a catchall.

If so, if john.smith@somedomain.com were given “email user” access to SiteWorx, what functions are they allowed (and not allowed) to perform?

Yes, you are right. An individual user if given “SiteWorx User” access, could create other email accounts/aliases/autoresponders on the domain; which shouldn’t be allowed. My thinking was only with my requirement. :slight_smile:

I want to make sure we understand exactly what you mean by “email user panel” first, before we continue the discussion. :slight_smile:

I thought of one similar to the cpanel one available at domain.tld/webmail (attached screen shot from cpanel 11). You should provide like this one too, probably in a later release. (cpanel also allows mails [and also catchall] at sub-domain). cPanel has got some improvements with 11 (although still has bugs), still I wish to go with the InterWorx way. :slight_smile:

Can you address the two points I mentioned in a coming release or bugfix release?
Thanks.

Hi Tiger,

Each email user can set their password, auto-responders, and filters when they login to Horde using their mail account. Not sure what Box Trapper, Email Delivery Route, or Forwarding Options are, though, so can’t really say much there.

Siteworx users are like site admins, and aren’t meant for each individual user of that account, and this was an intentional decision. So, creating a siteworx user with Email permissions, is like creating an email admin for that SiteWorx account, which means they can administer all email accounts in that SiteWorx account.

[QUOTE=IWorx-Socheat;13933]
Each email user can set their password, auto-responders, and filters when they login to Horde using their mail account. Not sure what Box Trapper, Email Delivery Route, or Forwarding Options are, though, so can’t really say much there.[/QUOTE]
I checked out an account via Horde (cpanel interface) and I couldn’t see the interface where password could be changed. Probably cpanel’s horde is different from iworx’s. I remember I was told that password could be changed via Horde, but I have never seen that when I was with an iworx host. (and I guess the filters here are to work under horde only)

The Box Trapper is a challange response system which I don’t like and I think Email Delivery Route is an unnecessary one.

Siteworx users are like site admins, and aren’t meant for each individual user of that account, and this was an intentional decision. So, creating a siteworx user with Email permissions, is like creating an email admin for that SiteWorx account, which means they can administer all email accounts in that SiteWorx account.

:frowning:

Won’t it be required for the siteworx owner to give access to the user for specific domains? :slight_smile: