Awstats issue

Hi!

So, a customer pinged me to ask me what was going on with Awstats. I checked into the account in question. The customer had a primary domain which has awstats enabled and is working properly. The secondary domain, however… isn’t working properly. I do see though that the secondary domain has the following:

Update: Never updated (See ‘Build/Update’ on awstats_setup.html page)

However, when attempting to get to that page, it obviously doesn’t exist. How do we trigger this for customers?

Some notes:

The secondary domain had been added for a few days, long enough that DNS propagation issues should’ve cleared right up. Webalizer seems to be pulling stats… but it appears to be funky. Possibly pulling from the primary domain instead of the secondary.

Hi Kerio
Please could I ask if this is a Centos 7 server, as it is known bug if so, but thinking not, as you state primary domain stats working fine
I had this issue a short time ago, and IW ran this from SSH, which corrected the issue.
~iworx/cron/stats.pex --domlist yourdomain.url
Please replace yourdomain.url with your actual domain
I would be surprised if the 2 domain stats were been grouped together, as they are in their own seperate folders.
If the above does not correct the issue, I would open a support ticket with IW and let them have a look to see whats happening, but if on Centos 7, I would wait as it is known bug, but I am not sure if this has been resolved or not as yet sorry
Many thanks
John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;28401]Hi Kerio
Please could I ask if this is a Centos 7 server, as it is known bug if so, but thinking not, as you state primary domain stats working fine
I had this issue a short time ago, and IW ran this from SSH, which corrected the issue.
~iworx/cron/stats.pex --domlist yourdomain.url
Please replace yourdomain.url with your actual domain
I would be surprised if the 2 domain stats were been grouped together, as they are in their own seperate folders.
If the above does not correct the issue, I would open a support ticket with IW and let them have a look to see whats happening, but if on Centos 7, I would wait as it is known bug, but I am not sure if this has been resolved or not as yet sorry
Many thanks
John[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s CentOS 7. All of our servers are, actually. Thanks for confirming it’s a known bug. I also seem to have forgotten to state whether or not our servers were on CentOS 7. Apologies, but at least it’s a known issue and presumably will be fixed at some point. So far, CentOS 7 seems to have stabilized for us, as we’ve not encountered as many issues now as we did prior to transitioning to CentOS 7.

Edit:

Interestingly, running the command you’d noted caused the customer’s primary domain to populate its awstats stats correctly. It appears there were quite a few months missing and running that command corrected them for the primary domain despite running it for the secondary domain.