Backup/Restore Bugs

I did a domain backup from within Nodeworx and found the following:

It’s fast
I like the ability to download the backup files
It has problems…
First, any customizations that have been done to mydomain.com.conf get blown away
Second, and more importantly is that DNS records are reset to a ‘factory install’ state and all DNS record customizations are lost…

I believe a backup/restore should do exactly that… restore things to the way they were at the time of the backup, not at the time of the domain creation. I would consider the current backup/restore functionality broken.

Also, building in a COMPLETE site/server backup would be a very, very nice feature to have… I know Plesk has an Acronis True Image module that works very nicely… but of course Plesk isn’t as nice as Interworx :slight_smile:

Cliff.

Thank you for the feedback.

This is normal behavior and we know it’s not ideal. I did put in a “bug report” on it a second ago and maybe we can do something about it eventually.

When Socheat gets back from vacation he can explain the specifics but I don’t believe this is as easy to fix as it sounds otherwise it would have been by now. :wink:

Also, building in a COMPLETE site/server backup would be a very, very nice feature to have… I know Plesk has an Acronis True Image module that works very nicely… but of course Plesk isn’t as nice as Interworx :slight_smile:

No Plesk is deff not Iworx :wink:

And a backup of NodeWorx settings is planned eventually.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

To put it simply, both issues will be addressed in the next release of InterWorx. First, your mydomain.com.conf will not automatically get restored, but it will be stored in the backup file so you can easily copy it back over and make any necessary changes. Second, DNS records will be backed up, and it will attempt to restore them intelligently.

Socheat

Also,

I noticed the interworx backups don’t include ftp accounts that go to seperate directories such as /home/username/ftpfolder non of that gets backed up.

SoCheat - I like the idea of putting the conf file in backup file instead of restoring it.