Better CloudLinux Plugin

Do you use InterWorx and Cloud Linux Inc.? Do you think the InterWorx plugin is bare and lacks a lot of features other control panels have? Help us get their attention to show that we aren’t just a small control panel… http://cloudlinux.com/solutions/forum/messages/forum15/topic880/message3807/index.php#message3807

Just like LiteSpeed (Who are now doing a better LiteSpeed plugin) CloudLinux thinks there’s low demand for InterWorx, let’s show them they are wrong…

LiteSpeed thread which was started by Kynao is over here: http://forums.interworx.com/threads/8141-Interworx-plugin-for-Litespeed

Hi Michael

Well said, it would be lovely if all plugins were to update the same as they do with other panels.

I hope everyone gives you a plus 1

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;26707]Hi Michael

Well said, it would be lovely if all plugins were to update the same as they do with other panels.

I hope everyone gives you a plus 1

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Thanks John mate,

Yeah other companies who do plugins etc aren’t fair and we need to call them out, LiteSpeed are hoping to be working on one in two months approx after their “big plugin”, they have a dev license so they can’t really say they can’t.

And CloudLinux is the next big company which is used on InterWorx so we need them to give us the same benefits. :smiley: If we can do this hopefully others will follow before we call them out.

Kind regards,
Mike.

Hey all!

Not been about much lately due to time constraints, but figured this thread was well worth a trip over.

We’ve been a CloudLinux customer for a while now, and this has annoyed us equally.

Lack of a GUI selector for the multi-php feature was also a serious downer.

Sadly, we’re looking at alternatives now, as in conversation a while back with Igor at CloudLinux, he came out with the following gem:

“if you don’t feel like CloudLinux provides the quality you want - I am sorry, but this is not going to change any time soon. InterWorx has a very small footprint for us, and we will not invest heavily into it due to that factor. The quality of CL for InterWorx you see today will not improve in the next 6-12 months.”

Sadly, as you’d expect coming from the top, this statement seems to be representative of their customer service in our experience.

In the meantime, I’d strongly encourage everyone to check out BetterLinux - it’s still under development (they’ve not even started charging yet!), and an InterWorx module is still in the pipe-line, but the product has much promise.

A plugin could easily be developed for it by someone with some experience - we’re planning on attempting this at some point, but so far it’s just when resources will permit.

Perhaps if we can get support for BetterLinux too - CloudLinux may be encouraged by competition to innovate and improve.

Jon

[QUOTE=hacman;26709]Hey all!

Not been about much lately due to time constraints, but figured this thread was well worth a trip over.

We’ve been a CloudLinux customer for a while now, and this has annoyed us equally.

Lack of a GUI selector for the multi-php feature was also a serious downer.

Sadly, we’re looking at alternatives now, as in conversation a while back with Igor at CloudLinux, he came out with the following gem:

Sadly, as you’d expect coming from the top, this statement seems to be representative of their customer service in our experience.

In the meantime, I’d strongly encourage everyone to check out BetterLinux - it’s still under development (they’ve not even started charging yet!), and an InterWorx module is still in the pipe-line, but the product has much promise.

A plugin could easily be developed for it by someone with some experience - we’re planning on attempting this at some point, but so far it’s just when resources will permit.

Perhaps if we can get support for BetterLinux too - CloudLinux may be encouraged by competition to innovate and improve.

Jon[/QUOTE]

Meh he’s a mate of mine and he’s not putting it forward, can you give your say on that thread and we’ll make it happen :slight_smile: if it kills me. BetterLinux is bad mate, and I wouldn’t use it if my life depended on it. Security researches have found out it does everything the wrong way. https://blog.rack911.com/hosting-control-panels/cloudlinux-vs-betterlinux-security-default-settings/

Just to update, as Jon said, screw CloudLinux they don’t give a toss unless they get 1000x customers who would put up with a bare plugin. We’ve tried but they are stuck up so their loss.

Hi Michael

That’s a shame, but business I guess.

On a side note, which may help a little, rfx networks have software to prioritise services, which work well, and hopefully, with centos 7, perhaps IW could try to seperate as CL does, perhaps

Many thanks

John

I’m pretty sure BetterLinux plugged much of the stuff mentioned in that article, and even so you can still change from the defaults to lock stuff down.

Let me have a chat with them and find out where things are, as that article is a year and a half old now.

BetterLinux can do the things that people want CloudLinux for, seemingly without the attitude problems.

Jon

Here’s the latest from the CloudLinux folks in that thread:

Oh, and regarding per-package limits – we tried to implement it, and even contacted InterWorx, but there was no way to get package name / id from the SiteWorx account (based on Paul Oehler). Once account created, it is not linked to a package in any way. And yes, InterWorx is the only control panel we know about that has such limitation.

If you want fully supported CloudLinux on InterWorx –> talk to InterWorx. We did our bid, we invested two years of full scale development in InterWorx integration. We have seen non-existent customer base, and at this moment no longer willing to continue throwing away money.

I’ve asked CloudLinux for clarificatoin on what features do and do not work under InterWorx, but so far I haven’t heard a peep. They’ve got no problem claiming they “support” Interworx, though. That’s frankly disturbing that a company would quietly disable features without telling anyone, yet still charge full price. The response from BetterLinux (in response to the Rack911 link) was much better:

In reviewing the information provided in that link, all of those options listed are available in BetterLinux already and have been even since that article was posted. Granted, not all of them are enabled by default, primarily as not one size fits all. However, unlike CL, we offer a very high degree of customization to how our software works on any given system, allowing you to opt to hide or show various processes, directories, etc, in a role or user based scenario. However, we are considering enabling some additional options by default for new setups as disabling these features, if unwanted, are just as easily enabled.

In BL’s defense, the Rack911 comparison was done with “out of the box” configurations. That’s a valid comparison, but I don’t run “out of the box” CentOS and I don’t run “out of the box” CloudLinux on my cPanel servers. I wouldn’t be running ANY operating system – BetterLinux included – without documentation and customization. So the fact that they’re willing to listen means they’re worth a more in-depth look, at least in my book.

We’ve also spoken to them and had the same response, although I was confident of this anyway. It’s good to see though, and maybe a new review is due.

BetterLinux have also reaffirmed in my conversation with them that InterWorx is in their sights, just not in progress.

The system will work, just no plugin yet.

Given that they’re not even at a point where they feel ready to charge for the core product yet, it’s understandable.

I’d be interested to know how many people in the community would like to see a plugin for this - as there may be scope for us to lead development on a 3rd party solution to keep us going.

Jon

Hi Jon

I’d certainly be interested but would need to test on test server.

Hopefully a lot more users would put their vote in

Many thanks

John

Looks like BetterLinux has been shutdown. Their website says it’s effectively shut down as of July 1st, 2015.

Unfortunate.